CAD/CAM wax

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I send out my zirconia units to be made by other labs and have been dissapointed at some of the coping designs that I received. I began waxing my copings to be copied as close as possible in zirconia and have been pleased with the results.

I just received and used a CAD/CAM wax by Yeti Dental. It's much more different to use than a typical c&b wax. Maybe I just need to get used to it. Is there a better CAD/CAM wax that I should take a look at?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We use regular C&B wax for mock-ups...then spray with high res welders developer spray... Yeti's CAD/CAM is too brittle to be used for anything except blockouts. ..

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Yes, the Yeti wax is too brittle. I think the labs that recommended me using CAD/CAM wax, don't want to have to spray the C&B wax.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
you can try scannable wax by Hi-Tec. just make sure your spatula is hot enough

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We mill Yetti and love the grey color and the detail. Its very high quality wax. I know this is not what you asked :)

As for your problem, if you are waxing your own frames because you are using a design center that is not making your frames correctly please stop wasting your time paying for their inadequacies , find someone that understands support.

Truthfully if you show them a few of your frames and they can't replicate it in the future they are again someone you should consider leaving.

Ok enough of my opinions...

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Hey! Convince the old man to buy a scanner already! :p

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I've given up trying to convince that cheap, wrinkled up piece of skin into buying a scanner. I'll just have to suffer until 2015 when he'll hopefully retire. :eek:

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
Try to use laser opaque & light opaque sculpturing wax for CAD / CAM technique. Guarantees excellent results. I have used since last six month.