Burnout Oven

PearlySweetKate

PearlySweetKate

Reaction score
Hello all!

The burnout oven I use for metal casting took a dump on me yesterday. It was ancient (Hupperts deluxe furnace circa dinosaur era),and so not unexpected. I'm a private practice lab, so I don't need anything huge, or super fancy.

Who's got recommendations?

Kate

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

The burnout oven I use for metal casting took a dump on me yesterday. It was ancient (Hupperts deluxe furnace circa dinosaur era),and so not unexpected. I'm a private practice lab, so I don't need anything huge, or super fancy.

Kate
Ovens are super simple unless the control board blew out. Relay, thermocouple, element, and safety switch. Could be easy to get yours back up, at least as a backup for the new one.

Harris Discount used to have great ones. Over 20 years life span with minimal regular maintenance.

edit:thermocouple, not thermonuclear. Auto correct strikes again.

Last edited:
ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Ovens are super simple unless the control board blew out. Relay, thermonuclear, element, and safety switch. Could be easy to get yours back up, at least as a backup for the new one.

Harris Discount used to have great ones. Over 20 years life span with minimal regular maintenance.

I’ve never heard of a Hupperts. Is that a coal fired model? :D

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Hello all!

Kate
im using the Ibex single stage oven. love it for what i use it for.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
And what do you use it for? Burning out?
single stage burnouts. not super complex, obviously! lol
some ppl like multistage or have uses for those. everything is rapid burnout here. castings, pressings, doesnt matter.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I had great luck with Jelrus furnaces. Whip Mix bought them and changed the name?
https://whipmix.com/products/infinity/

I completely agree. These have gone through several manufacturers and name changes, but remain a quality burn-out furnace. Very simple single stage, single program models or four-stage, multiple program models. Small or large firing chambers.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
I know of two (from my old office) Ney programable 2 stage burnout ovens that could probably be had for cheap. They're admittedly old, but they were going strong when I retired in Sept. 2015. - now unused. I believe there is an extra door firewall and thermocouple too. They are located in Northern Calif., & I'll be in the SF Bay Area Feb. 9 & 10.
There is also an Ivoclar P-80 porcelain oven with oilless vacuum pump that's was-is going strong ( & extra muffle),and a casting set-up for metal.

Office wasn't able to get anyone to replace me, so equipment is just sitting there.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
My Jelenko Accu Therm 2 burn out furnace went out about last Wednesday. Totally dead and lifeless. Tried the cheapest fix first, a new fuse, which took care of it.
It's the type of fuse that is solid, so it wasn't an obvious broken wire in the fuse that I could look and see it being the issue right off hand.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
My Jelenko Accu Therm 2 burn out furnace went out about last Wednesday. Totally dead and lifeless. Tried the cheapest fix first, a new fuse, which took care of it.
It's the type of fuse that is solid, so it wasn't an obvious broken wire in the fuse that I could look and see it being the issue right off hand.
Where did you get the fuse C54?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Menards. At first I thought I'd have to go to a auto parts store, but Menards had it. It's a 15 amp (ABC-15) for microwave oven fuse.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I do a lot of implants with plastic parts and do some rapid burnouts so I have two. My rapid burnout I use a harris discount supply brand that is 22 yrs old. My multistage burnout I have a KDF that is 3 yrs old. I would recommend either.