Broken Zirconia Abutment

Jo Chen

Jo Chen

Reaction score
LabGuy
Before you cement the components assemble the Ti base and the zirconia portion without the screw. Inject blue mousse in to the screw access channel. Once the blue mousse is set, carefully disassemble the the parts leaving the blue mousse plug in the zirconia component, it will stick out the bottom a little. Now screw the Ti base on to an analog and apply the cement to the Ti base only. Push the zirconia over the Ti base. The blue mousse plug will now be pushed out a little at the other end. Once the cement has set you can grab the little piece of blue mousse with hemostats and pull it out. This technique will ensure you will not lock the screw in to the Ti base

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Nice do they also do this for "conelog" ? Any idea of price ? Thankyou.

if you buy them seperate by camlog or conelog 11 Euro for two and in the normal packaging they are inkluded icx implants although inkl. medentika pins only 8 Euro per peace often usabel maybe if you make a isolation film with vaseline or so they can be used 5-10 times. normal cost 1 euro or less maybe but high tech implant solution 2 for 11 Euro

M

martintay

Reaction score
Thanks so I could cast a gold / Np custom part and then bond it too the Ti base ? Save a lot of money as I cast too their ceramicor UCLA component at the moment !! Would you bond with Ivoclar Multi - Link Abutment ?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
but for big cases be careful with conical implants some of them have problems to control and reproduce height between model and mouth especially by using fullzirkon abutments.

M

martintay

Reaction score
but for big cases be careful with conical implants some of them have problems to control and reproduce height between model and mouth especially by using fullzirkon abutments.
Thanks I want to cast metal for the majority - as I do quite a lot of these.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Thanks so I could cast a gold / Np custom part and then bond it too the Ti base ? Save a lot of money as I cast too their ceramicor UCLA component at the moment !! Would you bond with Ivoclar Multi - Link Abutment ?

Why that make an individual ti or ti zirkon abutment gold has not such good surface fore the gingiva its more plaque retentive,

M

martintay

Reaction score
Why that make an individual ti or ti zirkon abutment gold has not such good surface fore the gingiva its more plaque retentive,
Last time I asked Camlog they told me that they didn`t make these ! Are they quite new ?

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
I my opinion , nothing forever and any product can fail . Some have more chances , some less . Hybrid abutments have they down side also . Titanium or cast custom abutments is the strongest and have list chance of failure

I just got new case with anterior implant and doctor ask for zirconium abutment . I call doctor and offer hybrid .

The answer was NO. Doctor said that he see some failed hybrids .

So if abutment fails and I maid with original manufacturer or Atlantis , it will be covered with the manufacturer warranty.

No reason to worry , it was doctor choice

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Im with you guys I only use zirk abutments on anteriors .I think the only trauma here is that straumann have been caught out telling little untruths I would like a dollar everytime they told me that their zirc abutments don't break and that me and my clients using ti cylinders was a bad thing that voids warranty as discussed in a previous thread on straumann warranties.

S

SSDS

Reaction score
Many years ago we were having breakages with nobel biocare replace select milled by them, they indicated no body else was having that problem until I spoke to a few people and found they were having problems. Neoss have done a study on the torquing of zirconia to titanium you might want to hunt out, you will probably never use zirconia abutments instead use a titanium interface

G

grantoz

Reaction score
the thing is neoss were on the correct path but they made their cylinders to short and some debond. again rep tells me no one else has that problem. then I go to an implant meeting guess what all my colleges had come across this problem.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
you can do root canal thru zirc I have see it many times.by the way I just saw a talk by an endo that said gold post and cores are the most difficult to remove zirconia post were in his words a hell of a lot easier because new cutting burs and microscopes

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Why did they have to remove the post in the first place?
If someone went through all the trouble to make a cast post, they probably want it
to stay in the post for good. If it comes out easily during a retreatment endo, I
would think the restoring person did a good job to make it well adapted, etc.
If a zirconia post comes out easily, or breaks and need to be removed, that
proves to me teh zirconia post is not designed to stay in well.
LCM