Bridge on prep and abutment

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
kinda important if you are into that sorta thing.

try thinking lateral when dealing with canines.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
kinda important if you are into that sorta thing.

try thinking lateral when dealing with canines.
Well yes I’m not a “real” technician since I also know business lol

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
[...]Call myth busters because this one needs to be debunked once and for all.
A data set of one KA-BOOM is low on evidence :)
And Jmnie want biig booom. Too.
(if you got that, you watched it too much too.)

I have seen two cases restored like this with this issue. That were not supererupted before the bridge. What other issues were present I was not informed.
All swans are white until you see a black swan. Until I see peer reviewed data saying it's a non issue, when doing things to people's bodies I lean pretty conservative.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/fea...lant-dentistry-operator-related-risk-factors/

Implants Connected to Natural Teeth
There are several potential advantages and disadvantages to take into account when considering splinting implants to natural teeth (Table 4). However, the general consensus seems to be that one should try to avoid this technique. 31 A 2017 Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis 32 including 10 studies found implant survival ranging from 90% to 100%, abutment teeth survival ranging from 94% to 100% and prosthesis survival ranging from 85% to 100%. The most frequent complications were periapical lesions = 11.53% of the natural teeth, porcelain occlusal fracture = 16.6%, screw loosening = 15%, and intrusion with non-rigid connections = 9%. See Figures 12A, 12B, 13A and 13B below, which illustrate two cases where there were rigid connections between implants and natural teeth. The first case (Figs. 12A & 12B) continues to have an excellent long-term outcome (20 years and still ongoing) while the second case (Figs. 13A & 13B) displayed a poor outcome with fractures occurring within five years.

Table 4
Implants Connected to Natural teeth
OHG-Arlin-Table4.jpg

Arlin-13b.jpg

Arlin-13c.jpg

Arlin-13d.jpg

...or you can follow the advice of your accountant!

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
https://www.oralhealthgroup.com/fea...lant-dentistry-operator-related-risk-factors/

Implants Connected to Natural Teeth
There are several potential advantages and disadvantages to take into account when considering splinting implants to natural teeth (Table 4). However, the general consensus seems to be that one should try to avoid this technique. 31 A 2017 Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis 32 including 10 studies found implant survival ranging from 90% to 100%, abutment teeth survival ranging from 94% to 100% and prosthesis survival ranging from 85% to 100%. The most frequent complications were periapical lesions = 11.53% of the natural teeth, porcelain occlusal fracture = 16.6%, screw loosening = 15%, and intrusion with non-rigid connections = 9%. See Figures 12A, 12B, 13A and 13B below, which illustrate two cases where there were rigid connections between implants and natural teeth. The first case (Figs. 12A & 12B) continues to have an excellent long-term outcome (20 years and still ongoing) while the second case (Figs. 13A & 13B) displayed a poor outcome with fractures occurring within five years.

Table 4
Implants Connected to Natural teeth
OHG-Arlin-Table4.jpg

Arlin-13b.jpg

Arlin-13c.jpg

Arlin-13d.jpg

...or you can follow the advice of your accountant!

So now I’m an accountant and don’t care about my patients?

Wow

Sorry if you have trouble keeping up with both lab technology and business shrug.

You don’t see me being snotty towards you but you seem to like trolling and insisting that if Someone is good at running a business and successful at helping a lot of people, they must be bad at the technical. once again you try to denigrate my skill, knowledge and ethics.

I find your derisive comments to be without value and class.

Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps the reason I am successful is because I CARE and provide excellent quality, service and value to my clients and their patients?

Silly to make assumptions about a person you have never met.

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'll quote you if I want to directmy comments towards you.
In the meantime,why don't you take your ego outside and hose it off.Its starting to smell like bs.

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
I'll quote you if I want to directmy comments towards you.
In the meantime,why don't you take your ego outside and hose it off.Its starting to smell like bs.

You Know if you are so bitter and frustrated perhaps you should find something you can take pleasure in, rather than trying to pick fights on the Internet.

Do I have an ego? Sure do! So does pretty much everybody… Of course there are some people who can back up what they say with actual results ... and then there are the people to just throw stones at them

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Doing one right now.. patient has Dementia, not too much longer
Over 2 failing implants.
Over “telescopic”

FA72057E-1214-4671-8FFB-B04805D4A162.jpeg
EFF47671-CE0E-4706-BD95-7B7DDB0AC265.jpeg
Will section, attach the “gold adapts” lute, wax, cast.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I know the late Dr. Misch said try to avoid this but if you have to do it, do it!!! I did read the latest research as others have and the research was surprising good. Although, the research didn't have a high selection of active cases but it was surprising how good the results were in cases like this. Now the real question...cuspid rise or group function?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
7BDA79CC-F136-4023-96FD-2C51E4CD16CD.jpeg

5ECA789E-418A-4D4D-92DB-AC3FBBFB38C5.jpeg

I had to cut holes in my ring to make the bridge fit.. and duct tape.. and wax.. and then cut it all apart.. the grind the edges of investment so it would fit in the “cradle”. Frick!
Turned out nice, but a ****-ton of Noble metal

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Too bad it rocks! There goes the weekend!

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Too bad it rocks! There goes the weekend!

Don’t think for a second I wasn’t worried about that.. but no, I get to work tomorrow on “other ****” gone sideways... apparently I’m the only guy that can “fix ****”.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I can't afford the stress anymore.

Top Bottom