Best CAD/CAM system for Emax?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
I would disagree - 3Shape does a lot but if you fill your orderform correctly - it steps you through the stages, every button has a ? hover option and the help button takes you directly to the explanation of where you are currently at. Not the Microsoft help where you have to ask the right question from a generic page.

Never had a user overwhelmed yet.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Good to hear that Colin, my 3 shape arrives end of April.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Besides Mark, I don't know anyone who is happy with wax milling.

All of the hundreds of Lava mills in the US can mill wax. Most tried and very very few if any like it and use it. That's on a 2000lb German mill.

Maybe you guys can make it work?

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
We mill quite a bit of PMMA for casting - the end users seem to like it as much if not more than printed resin. Dunno if thats an option for micro mills.

C

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
I am going to look at a load of Roland mills today. It's a lot of four or five. I think I'm going to buy them all, and outfit them with the jigs for holding wax pucks. I will keep two to add to ours and sell the others.

Probably about $8k ready to run.

Let me know if anybody is interested.

H

heykrazi

Reaction score
Hi all... researching like crazy to try to develop the best solution for our small-medium lab - will be 'late' in utilizing CAD/CAM in-house, but given the perils I don't mind that too much.

John, you wrote a couple months ago:

We have been real happy with what we are getting from Nobel I am going to do a post next week with a molar that we did with good macro photography of the same case pressed and milled. Should be pretty eye opening

...was just wondering if you could get around to posting those images? would love to see! thx :nod:

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Our 3shape is on its way, now we just need Mark to finish the wax mill. Mark?Nearly 40 percent of our work is now emax and layered zirconia. Hopefully soon even more of it will be full contour zirconia. I never really expected it to go this way, but it is happening, and quickly!

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
death by zirconia and 3shape...at the end..

Let me try to help you all to understand something. by providing and promoting full contour zirconia crowns we are doing a disservice to patients. Think about it like this: take a rock grinder, place a few opal stones in it, tumble, they simply get shined more; now though in a diamond, in a few hundred cycles you will have nothing but dust, and a slightly smoothed diamond...The same thing will happen in the mouth with full contour zirconia: contacts will open after tooth gnathalogical processes (tooth movement from attrition) opposing teeth will wear often changing function and slowly one tooth can destroy the entire mouth. NEXT... we are all trying to layer to zirconium, zirconium has NO chemical bond only mechanical retention, it can't... ever.. zirconium has no oxidation to bond to. slight wetting of surface is not an adequate bonding layer..E'max is doing the best with there bonder layer for layering zirconium, as it is designed to fire at a higher temp, but, as I have personally seen, even some of the best labs in the country are foregoing it "cuz its a pain to use". The silly idea to just turn up your oven temp for a "bonder" layer is stupidity.. learn your materials! More lucite crystals form when you over cook your porcelain, lucite crystals are weak and the more you have the more likely you will have breakage in the future.It takes a while sometimes but wear is a long process, just because it leaves the lab does not mean its ok later.... thats why we try to cool our pressings guys..to PREVENT over growth of lucite crystals that form. Doctors are seeing chipping more and more..get off the zirconium band wagon and come back to reality. zircon grows with advertising but can die with knowledge..

and thank you for your thread. I am looking forward to purchasing the new model of the 3Shape in the spring of 12' for my one person lab :D

P

Ppradip

Reaction score
As per our survey in India, our lab technicians are getting good results of e max with pressing system and those using ZUBLER VARIO PRESS 300 ovens are getting superb results with minimum reaction layer. As in India pressing system is the best rather than milling
of amax

Top Bottom