Beginner implant tech.

S

skoo9382

Reaction score
Received impression in the photo, and poured it up, but the Hiossen Transfer Abutment the dentist sent does not fit. It appears too loose. Client is looking to me to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! And yes I realize the impression coping is yellow and transfer coping is green. Also, the yellow impression coping is Non-Hex.
image.jpg

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
off the top of my head, seems like you have a transfer for Mini, but an implant for Regular size.

the colour coding suggests the implants are Yellow for Mini, and Green for Regular.

ask doc EXACTLY what was placed so this doesnt happen again.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
the yellow impression coping is Non-Hex.
This is a nonstarter for an individual restoration! Make sure you get an impression with a hexed coping.
And yes I realize the impression coping is yellow and transfer coping is green
Cool Hand is correct, it seems the analog is not the right size to the impression post.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
You used the wrong analog or the Doc used the wrong transfer coping...and as the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make it right ;)

doug

doug

Reaction score
If you let this go your life will be a living hell. The doc needs to be accountable for an accurate impression and detail instructions, including implant type and size, so that you can proceed successfully. This is a teachable moment for you with the doc, take advantage of the opportunity.

S

skoo9382

Reaction score
You used the wrong analog or the Doc used the wrong transfer coping...and as the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make it right ;)
the Doc sent the analog AND the transfer coping. 🤦‍♂️

S

skoo9382

Reaction score
This is a nonstarter for an individual restoration! Make sure you get an impression with a hexed coping.

Cool Hand is correct, it seems the analog is not the right size to the impression post.

I once had a doc ask me to just go ahead and make the Hex t-base into a non-hex to fit. 😮 "just grind off the sharp bits"

I swear, I feel so bad for these patient's sometimes.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I still dont understand this either, I see high end labs getting titanium bridges milled with engaging hex, and then they just cut them off in the lab.. Im sure this is FDA approved 🚨 (not that I care) .. just seems silly.

Most general dentists are clueless about implants, then again most are generally clueless about lab affairs.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
A non-hexed imp coping is supposed to only be used for implant bridge cases. Even for implant bridge cases, they aren't really necessary unless the implants were placed at extremely divergent angles. This absolutely needs a new impression. Your goal as a tech should be to make yourself a resource for the doctor. Explain to them the situation. Ask him for the implant info and offer to order the correct impression coping for them(charge them of course if you order it) or provide them with the part number so they can order the correct impression coping.

This link is probably the part they need to take the impression correctly

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Received impression in the photo, and poured it up, but the Hiossen Transfer Abutment the dentist sent does not fit. It appears too loose. Client is looking to me to solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! And yes I realize the impression coping is yellow and transfer coping is green. Also, the yellow impression coping is Non-Hex.
As a technician, you are responsible for being the technical expert, not the dentist. The dentist is responsible for treating patients
Car salesmen don't work in the service dept..
Tell him what you need or send it back, Doug is Correct.
If you don't know, shame on you. If he wants to be lab technician, shame on him.
Its his responsibility to take a proper impression with correct transfer and provide info. After that, get your own parts.

He either used the wrong transfer, or sent the wrong analog. There's no way for you to solve without his info.
Don't tale the bait, or waste hours doing research.

Last edited:
Top Bottom