AVOID EMBARASSMENT DENTURE

A

Andy40

Reaction score
I am trying to learn how to make these dentures. Does anyone have any experience building these? Any tips on materials to use, etc? Thanks!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
1. A Lang duplicating flask, tooth colored acrylic, and reline material.

2. Or, if you are making a new denture, the following below will explain.
I have fabricated two base plates and two cast, then done two set-ups one using premium teeth, and the other using inexpensive teeth.
here using the Stratos mag. mount makes it easy to transfer the cast. I feel this technique makes a better prosthesis.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Try this on for size:
How to create a duplicate denture in your office - YouTube

If you don't have a Lang duplicator, or would prefer a flask, use lab putty as you would for a reline/rebase, but remove the denture and follow the same steps. An advantage would be the ability to pack in the base resin in a doughy state and achieve better density. The Lang is the faster of the two techniques.
Anything else you want to know? These are fairly easy to do.

CYNOSURER

CYNOSURER

Can't reMember
Reaction score
We make them using pour denture flasks and hydrocoloid,

alh4.googleusercontent.com__xfzeDb0xGBY_SiF5aiMwOFI_AAAAAAAAA0c3fd1f8ff1e1b1a7a1ad1c1853dabb95.jpg

If you're duplicating a wax try in you can just float it in the first half pour then when the material sets trim any overflow in the intalgio off then pour up the second half. If it tends to sink you can set it on pieces of set material to keep it off the bottom. Even if you use the glue sticks you want to pour it up in two halves to make it easier to separate. Soapy water or just water will keep the two halves from sticking together.
alh4.googleusercontent.com__xfzeDb0xGBY_SiF5aiMwOFI_AAAAAAAAA0c3fd1f8ff1e1b1a7a1ad1c1853dabb95.jpg

Last edited: