M

molarmaker

Reaction score
anyone producing LD blocks besides ivo.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
There is a variety available. GC and Amber comes to my mind.

However, not all of them are the same quality. And some might be a bit more sensitive in working with them. I, myself, will stick to Ivoclar. Haven't really had any issues since I started using e.max, back in 2005 (Empress II and Eris is a different story...) I admit, though, sometimes shades can be a bit tricky and tend to low value.

M

molarmaker

Reaction score
There is a variety available. GC and Amber comes to my mind.

However, not all of them are the same quality. And some might be a bit more sensitive in working with them. I, myself, will stick to Ivoclar. Haven't really had any issues since I started using e.max, back in 2005 (Empress II and Eris is a different story...) I admit, though, sometimes shades can be a bit tricky and tend to low value.
Thanks valuable data. Stan

C

charles007

Reaction score
There are 2 alternatives Stan, Vita Suprinity which is slightly stronger, priced slightly cheaper and comes in 3D shades or mill one of the newer
45-50% trans and in multi-layer zirconias that's still stronger in numbers than emax.
btw.... less over-milling intaglio milling zirconia when using smaller tools as compared to milling emax.
Bet most using 1.0 tool on LD/ w cerec milled

Last edited:
M

molarmaker

Reaction score
There are 2 alternatives Stan, Vita Suprinity which is slightly stronger, priced slightly cheaper and comes in 3D shades or mill one of the newer
45-50% trans and in multi-layer zirconias that's still stronger in numbers than emax.
btw.... less over-milling intaglio milling zirconia when using smaller tools as compared to milling emax.
Bet most using 1.0 tool on LD/ w cerec milled
Glad to hear from you Charles it's been awhile hope everything is well, New Dr creating a digital lab and not much LD to be done, trying to direct expenses towards zirconia and this is the data I need.
80 percent chance scanner and Mill will be Plan meca, he already has there imaging system, it's from Finland, older threads not positive info about it, have you any research on the latest version.
Thanks

Z

ztech

Reaction score
I use the Hass Amber mill. Better margin, better shade, looks more lifelike intraorally without the Emax greyiing. Drawback is that it is slightly harder on the tools. A 10-20% reduction in tool life from my experience.

C

charles007

Reaction score
ztech, what is the average tool cost per unit with Amber ? Is Amber any cheaper per block than emax ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Glad to hear from you Charles it's been awhile hope everything is well, New Dr creating a digital lab and not much LD to be done, trying to direct expenses towards zirconia and this is the data I need.
80 percent chance scanner and Mill will be Plan meca, he already has there imaging system, it's from Finland, older threads not positive info about it, have you any research on the latest version.
Thanks
Stan, there's a lot threads on Dentaltown about milling inhouse with all the different mills including Plan. Just by chance I was talking with a lab friend about doctors milling inhouse yesterday. He said several years ago the subject of actual inhouse unit cost came up, $250. unit ! if you include everything. Haven't found the thread yet and can't wait to read it.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
ztech, what is the average tool cost per unit with Amber ? Is Amber any cheaper per block than emax ?
Cost per is on par with Emax. Tooling cost is in the neighborhood of 25% more. I use it more for the color and it's vitality. If I had some going through I would post one but my docs are on a zirconia kick at the moment and the pressed seems to come in waves.