Anyone know what this is?

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
The Dr. says the crown w Tony PA.jpg Tony photos1.jpg Tony photos3.jpg obbles around and wants to know if I can solve the problem. Any ideas?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
:eek: What is that post? is it homemade? Did Dr Paperclipstuffer restore this case? It looks like there are no threads on the abutment.. Which means theres a possibility of the implant being stripped from that wiggling. Not sure of the implant, but someone else can help you there, I would get new impression coping with a screw and make sure it has threads that catch.. if not, it needs to be possibly tapped, or removed..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think a new healing cap would be the first thing to address.
That red tissue doesn't like the wobble of that weeble.

doug

doug

Reaction score
That looks like an old Corevent (Zimmer) castable abutment. I have some here if you need a new one...$5 million :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i dont see a hole in that crown.

did the doc prematurely fill the hole and then realize the only way to stick it into the patient was to grind off the threading and say "never open your mouth"

?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Poor patient, I have a feeling the amount of cases like these coming back will start to get exponential.. Not only is the tissue damaged but it looks like some bone might have been lost from the wobbling.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
I have nothing to contribute... but holy $h!+b@lls...

I feel bad for the patient

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
The Doctor isn't the one that placed this implant, he said the patient walked in with this and wanted to know if he could fix the crown. The doc said there is no screw channel in the implant and that the crown just snaps into it. He wants to know if I can make a new crown that won't wobble.

Has anyone ever seen this before? If so, do you know how to fix this problem?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would not trust a " snap in crown" unless there were bonded wings to the adjacent teeth.

Impress or scan and design a maryland style ( pfm) bridge incorporating the hex shape as a pontic.
That would be my approach.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Looks infected to me...

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Let the tissue heal and grow over the implant while patient gets a temp Maryland bridge that doesn't contact the site and then forget the implant is there. Make a "permanent" Maryland bridge.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
All those solutions might work, but you need to figure out what implant that is first.. get some proper parts for it, whether that be a healing abutment or whatever. Someone has to know what this is, the pt. is the first place to start, he knows who put it there.

hagdent

hagdent

Reaction score
How do you identify an implant when you only have an xray and a photo?

J

jy147147

Reaction score
How do you identify an implant when you only have an xray and a photo?
I am not expert but I would not waste time on it, because there is so many different types and sizes for implant parts. so either ask patient where they get that implant and find out from doctor's office or just spend money again do a Maryland bridge or implant.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
So, I’m willing to bet there are NO threads left in that implant..
if it were me, I’d verify that before doing anything. It more than likely needs to be retrieved

IMO