anyone had a play with the k5 vhf yet?

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Looking at the k5. Mills CoCr coping in 10 mins. 40k AUD......
Looks good no?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Rumor has it that it is not running at full specs yet, within the next 6 months it should be full bore, you can buy them but you might have some issues still.

bradley ide

bradley ide

Reaction score
What do you mean by - not running at full specs yet?
I am trying to find info on these new mills. They seem to be fairly well built and selling at a good price.

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
yeah i almost jumped in but i got the pros course to finish and get set up so i'm waiting for a year i guess.
Ty for input mate.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Looking at the k5. Mills CoCr coping in 10 mins. 40k AUD......
Looks good no?

I would really like to witness this with my own eyes . CoCr in 10 mins ? I thought only DMG or similar machines can achieve this milling time .

D

dimtsic

Reaction score
If it seems to be to good to be true it generally is! Metal milling is another game 10 min? I would love to witness that! maybee it does in fact do it but what will the fit be like?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
What do you mean by - not running at full specs yet?
I am trying to find info on these new mills. They seem to be fairly well built and selling at a good price.
Cam software wise, but the build of the mill us solid. You can always run hyperdent and or sum3d. CahF lags on their cam software but yeah it's 25k for the mill and the version 10 cam software they have out now is great. I'm running it on my S1. I've done 6 unit implant bridges with multi insertion axis, dropped right in. Zr abutments drop perfectly on ti the Ti bases no adjusting needed. Now I am running a 0.3mm bur in the fissures and wow what a difference when the anatomy is designed in the crown deep enough.

Who are you gonna buy the mill and?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I would really like to witness this with my own eyes . CoCr in 10 mins ? I thought only DMG or similar machines can achieve this milling time .
The Cam can make the mill cut it but 10min? Yikes these mill are not meant for Crco all day long at those speeds. Maybe a few a 5-10 daily but not at 10mins, lol. I can see glass ceramics all day long wet no problem.

Wanna cut Crco get a Datron D5, Versailles 5x200, imes 450. Those mills are built for long term hard cutting.

You can mill sint Ron disks then bake them in an Argon oven no problem with this mill.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The Cam can make the mill cut it but 10min? Yikes these mill are not meant for Crco all day long at those speeds. Maybe a few a 5-10 daily but not at 10mins, lol. I can see glass ceramics all day long wet no problem.

Wanna cut Crco get a Datron D5, Versailles 5x200, imes 450. Those mills are built for long term hard cutting.

You can mill sint Ron disks then bake them in an Argon oven no problem with this mill.

I think that the 10 minutes thing is for soft metal like AG Sintron that needs sintering afterwards . I am milling metal with my 700 kg machine at 20-25 minutes per unit , and this is considered fast . I highly doubt that a small tabletop machine can do this in 10 minutes .

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I think that the 10 minutes thing is for soft metal like AG Sintron that needs sintering afterwards . I am milling metal with my 700 kg machine at 20-25 minutes per unit , and this is considered fast . I highly doubt that a small tabletop machine can do this in 10 minutes .
Exactly my thoughts. If this little miles can run a crco coping in 10min for 25k then vhf just dominated the market big time. Lol

B

bigbrush

Reaction score
Did CrCO milling in 25 min. 1 coping. Result is perfect, no singing like a bird while milling. It`s a beast!

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score

Maybe so, but its not what i was told. He invited me to let him show me but i didn't have the time. Will be looking at it further in a month or so when my pros course has finished.