Any recommendation on zirconium disk?

J

jy147147

Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering what kind of zirconium or brand is good for high translucency with high strength.

I have Roland DWX50 and I been using ddcubex for 6 months. And I am happy about result but I am also

wondering is there other better zirconium I can use for better quality. ddcubex is good for shade and

translucency but I am always worry about the strength. I had couple of single and bridge case fractured at

the past. So can you guys recommend any other zirconium for me to try?

thanks

Brent Harvey

Brent Harvey

Reaction score
Our new NexxZr Plus is a great zirconia. It just got released to the market. It is 1000 Mpa with less translucency than the cubex2 but more translucency than you high translucency zirconia. If you want me to send you some pre-sintered crowns let me know. however the Labs on dental lab network are very knowledgeable on all brands. I'm sure you will be getting some other ideas soon.

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We have our new Alien Zirconia Stronger than Cubex2

Comes in 16 shades and white

https://alienmilling.com/collection...products/alien-solid-zirconia-block-98mm-disk

Now Available
Alien 98mm Zirconia Blocks are made in the USA, and is the #1 Selling Zirconia Brand!
Now you can mill Alien Zirconia in your lab. Experience the highest quality and translucency the Zirconia world has to offer. Over 100,000 satisfied patients, doctors, and labs.

Available in...
White Zirconia 98mm Puck Costs

• 98 mm x 12 mm Reg. $138
  • 98 mm x 16 mm Reg. $174
  • 98 mm x 20 mm Reg. $212
Pre-Shaded Zirconia 98mm Puck Costs (A1-D4)

• 98 mm x 12 mm Reg. $160
  • 98 mm x 16 mm Reg. $208
  • 98 mm x 20 mm Reg. $250
Call for Volume Discounts
Compatibility
98mm with a 10mm step. Compatible with Weiland, VHF, Roland, and most open CAD CAM Milling Machines.

Isostatic Pressing
Each Zirconia Blank is isostaically pressed for consistent results every time. We do not cut corners, as we use the exact same zirconia for our milling services.

Gentle on your Mill
Alien Zirconia Disks are softer in the green state, than generic zirconia. This extends the life of your spindle, and tools.

Translucency Factor
High Translucency has become a loosely used term to define the product, rather than the characteristics. The real definition lies in Translucency Parameters (TP),and Contrast Ratio (CR). The Contrast Ratio for Alien Zirconia Blanks are >34:1 CR %, one of the highest translucent zirconia offered in the industry.

Research
We research, and use 98 mm Alien Zirconia Blanks in our milling center everyday. We know our zirconia is out of this world. Many labs, doctors, and patients may be unaware Zirconia is a radioactive material. Safety is the main focus of the company, and we would not use unsafe materials exposing our technicians to unsafe materials.

Studies have found offshore zirconia may contain unsafe levels of radioactivity.

Alien Solid Zirconia is made in the USA

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We offer a variety of zirconia here at TD DENTAL SUPPLY. ALL zirconia is FDA approved & we offer IdentCeram stickers as well.

HT Disk starting at $72 (* 10mm ) - 1200MPa

HT Shaded Disk starting- at $93 (* 12mm) - 1200MPa

Ciao

Last edited:
DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
568202623f71c813614077ba6e529f4c.jpg

Stay tuned I will be reviewing a lot of zirconia disks!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I've been using the vita preshaded YZ pucks lately. Not bad , it's nice to get consistent colours and their shading system seems to make sense to me. Just working on making it more translucent but they are some what ok I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Drury

Matt Drury

Reaction score
Whip Mix offers a wide variety of zirconia in high translucency natural white and pre-shaded discs (in Vita Classic shades A1, A2, A3, BL, B1, and B2) for anterior and posterior placement. Use Vericore ZR HT and ZR HTX for your substructures and monolithic, high-translucency, full contour needs.

The outstanding mechanical characteristics, excellent chemical durability and the unbeaten biocompatibility combined with natural translucency make Vericore ZR HT and Vericore ZR HTX the ideal material for use in dental milling systems.

ZR HTX is perfect for full contour anterior crowns. It mirrors the translucency of lithium disilicate and combines it with a higher flexural strength. Create a monolithic anterior crown or 3-unit bridge and make the patient very happy.

Matt Drury
Whip Mix Corporation
800-626-5651 ext. 1314
[email protected]