any advice from Creation users......

• Thread starter UCan'tHandleTheTooth!
  • Start date
U

UCan'tHandleTheTooth!

Reaction score
Hi all...... was just switching to Creation porcelain , and matching it with Jensens "Superior " alloy, which is a 62.5% Pd/ 24.5% Ag alloy. I m used to working with a low fusing, high gold alloy(Degudent LS)and Duceragold porcelain mainly, so its a bit of a different animal.
I know theres alway a curve with any system change, and am doing test firings and trying to get a good handle on the color and handling differences. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or info that would be beneficial in making this change.... and i now see that Jensen came out with Transition Dentins, and was also wondering if anyone has found these to be of value when working with the system?

A

AL1

Reaction score
I have been using Creation for years. I now use it on Argens Euro gold 40% gold 10% ag.
I have found that if you moisten the crowns just before you put them in the oven you will get minimal to no steam tears. Moisten to a slight sheen. I use master ceramist liquid and then put a drop on each unit prior to entry. This wicks the moisture out from deep inside and prevents steam tears.
Creation is a very chroma rich porcelain and seems to match shades very well.
As far as the transition porcelains go, I have not used them but if you add body over the restoration on the second bake it can tend to make a slight opaque area, so what I do is mix clear with with the body shade maybe 1/2 to 2/3 clear to body.
I would guess that the transition shades would do the same thing.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I used Creation with Superior for aprox 3 years or more without any problems......Never saw checking with the Superior ans has a light oxide layer.........
Creation is a little heavy on the chroma side, transition porcelain will probably improve it, but never tried it..........
You will need to layer a little enamel down the facial ,aprox 2/3 since it has so much chroma......
Shoulder powders are the Best........

Charles

Last edited:
U

UCan'tHandleTheTooth!

Reaction score
thanx guys for the helpful tips! i appreciate the response very much! and glad to hear that you had good results with that porcelain & alloy combo, Charles.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I will post a few tips tomorrow ...........working tonight.........crap

If you didn't buy the kit, ask if they will send you the large manual......it has a page on tips........ oh......don't underfire bis-bake .....porcelain will chip on incisal edges and marginal ridges!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Jensen has a great website that has a lot of tips for Creation, and I think the tips for Creation is on that site.
Jensenindustries.com

A

AL1

Reaction score
Looking for tips on how to use the new GC lustre paste kit. I have an anterior case from hell . No room but they want more trans translucency, Thought I would give the kit a try here. Unfortunately, the patient wants more done than is physically possible. what he really needs is more prep or ortho done on the preps.
I tried to explain to the Dr. but common sense isnt tought in dental school.

Top Bottom