Any Rapid Shape/Straumann 3D printer users out there?

G

GroovY

Reaction score
Yep! I really like it. It’s a clean solid workflow and great accuracy. My colleague that has an Asiga gets great prints but they didn’t seem to get quite the same quality from what I’m seeing. That’s just my experience. really glad I went the route I did.

I’ve found in general though the resin materials, while high flexural strength don’t quite have the elongation factors with enough give so that can make even larger connectors fracture.

Great for wax patterns, bite splints, models, surgical guides. Accurate for tryin temps though not very durable. Don’t like dentures though. One advantage of Asiga is it has quicker access to materials and more control over user selecting the desired layer size. Hasn’t really been too much of an issue but I know it’s there.

Hope that helps
My old lab use the lower version of this one. It seemed worked really well for Splints and C&B models. I'm wondering the price for the new one. If you don't mind, please give me the info. :) Thanks in advance

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
You’ll have to contact your reseller. Probably comparable to the Asiga pro4k I’d guess.

T

T.Cochrane

Reaction score
Netfabb is the P-series biggest downfall.
Total overkill for something that needs to be quick and simple.
I used many p20 and p30 printers early on and had huge issues with nesting/support options and resin limitations.

Not sure if they are now resolved although was a nightmare more often that not.

When they work they are great. For the cost I think there are better options.

Glad you are having a positive experience!!

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Netfabb is the P-series biggest downfall.
Total overkill for something that needs to be quick and simple.
I used many p20 and p30 printers early on and had huge issues with nesting/support options and resin limitations.

Not sure if they are now resolved although was a nightmare more often that not.

When they work they are great. For the cost I think there are better options.

Glad you are having a positive experience!!
Netfabb has gotten better, but it all comes down to the engine created in my opinion. They do it right and it makes the process so much smoother because the amount of tools out the box, as you said is overkill.

L

lifelikedental

Reaction score
Thanks again for all your feedback. I ended up going with the Rapid Shape D30+ (Straumann rebranded as p30+). I have several reasons but their post processing workflow seems to be really top notch and thought out well. Will keep you all posted.
which model resin do you use?

Recently got the p50
I am trying to kill my 15+ left over bottles from asiga.
I keep getting misprints because asiga denta model resins are not validated. All the setting needs to be entered manually.

At this point I might just order Straumann validated resins

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
We inherited a used P30+ but have never done much productive work with it because of very poor support from Straumann and the manufacturer. They managed to effectively brick the printer when they accessed it remotely to try updating some firmware that wasn't calling home, and once we told them that they immediately started coming up with new reasons why they couldn't work with us until we spent a lot of money and effort on this non-functional printer. It wasn't worth the struggle. The Z-axis hasn't moved a single step since they did whatever they did overnight, after working fine beforehand.
Shame, when we -were- getting usable prints from it they were great. But that was only with Straumann products with the RFID tags, we never got a single successful print using the resins we use for our Asigas. Any 'open' resins were an enormous headache, and I get the sense that that's partially deliberate. All of this contributed heavily to us just not considering any equipment purchases that'd require dealing with Straumann.