Anodizing abutments?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Sorry if this is back tracking, but maybe some new information is available? I am interested in anodizing our own abutments. The Zirkon Zahn system looks nice, but it is expensive and there is a long waiting list.

I am sure other electroplating machines are available. What have you guys used? The "ZZ anodizing powder" is available as far as I know as an FDA approved material, so that is half the battle.

Thanks,

GoldRunner

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
ZZ anodizing powder is an electrolyte. Go to Lowes and buy some TSP it is $3 a pound.
Look up Reactive Metals Studio and check out their anodizer. You can find the same one for less if you search the net.
Buy the etching product from them and some niobium for the cathode.
Add some distilled H20 and you are in for less than $300

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
ZZ anodizing powder is an electrolyte. Go to Lowes and buy some TSP it is $3 a pound.
Look up Reactive Metals Studio and check out their anodizer. You can find the same one for less if you search the net.
Buy the etching product from them and some niobium for the cathode.
Add some distilled H20 and you are in for less than $300

WOW thanks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I use a brass bristle brush.

Try it on a sample.

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
Have this exact set up and it works perfect

So does it create enough of a hue change that you can put emax or HT zirconia on top of an implant abutment? That is really our goal...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Anything you put on TI will improve the grey shades we get with nothing. Still drops value, just looks cool

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Ya, I have found it doesn't help much unless your zirconia is over 1mm thick.

It's also a waste of money if you have to remove a hybrid crown for a shade adjustment or addition.

Once you burn out the cement,your anodizing is gone.
This is where I discovered that a brass bristle brush works even better because you can repolish any discoloured titanium that has gone into the furnace with the brush. No dimensional change what so ever .

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If you mess up the anodizing, you can polish off the oxide layer and reanodize. Takes 5 minutes or less.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I bought mine for $200 at...true story...Painful Pleasures!

Top Bottom