And he’s.......

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Those nifty pre-measured packets are almost always off too. Using FujiVest II we ran out of 60 gram packets one day and started breaking 90 gram packets to get 150g rings. Every packet was off by over 2g and some up to 5g.
After that little discovery we started weighing out powder whenever doing cast-to abutments or inlays.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Im so busy im about to lose my mind. So much for summer break with the kids.. Seems like everything that can go wrong has.. yesterday after breaking about 4-5 green zr units with a blinding migraine, I threw the puck at the wall as hard as I could.. it wouldve been better with a slowmo camera on it but it did make me feel a little bit better.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Not asbestos, that was before my time. I think it was called Kaoliner or something like that?

I used to use the asbestos some. We lined crucibles with it to cast gold. We would wet it and adapt it. It really worked well. There was never any residue left in the crucible and the crucible would last forever.

Used it in casting rings too. Adapted so easy to the contours of the ring and removed easily also.

Didn’t know about the cancer issues with it then. Kaoliner was the sequel to asbestos. It works but not as well. I still use the Kaoliner.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Really just a minor setback, it was re-waxed, cast, finished and out the door a couple hours later.
“it was re-waxed” not remilled ? Spending too much time in the shack lately:):Hello:?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Dang...you get up early on Saturday Doris.
Had to get up so I could WORK today! I'll have tomorrow off though, only need to go to the grocery store, do laundry, and clean house tomorrow. Yup that will be a relaxing day off....

doug

doug

Reaction score
We used the Hygroscopic method years ago when the doc would use a direct in the mouth technique for gold. Since the wax was at body temp when the patient "chewed" it into place we invested the wax-up and placed in the hygrobath to keep the expansion at a specific level. A lot of people used Beauty Cast not using this technique and spent time adjusting the water/power to get the expansion needed. Yes, I am old...but I'm also digital now, bitches.

edit:spelling

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Had to get up so I could WORK today! I'll have tomorrow off though, only need to go to the grocery store, do laundry, and clean house tomorrow. Yup that will be a relaxing day off....

I think that’s why the women always outlast the men on the TV series “Naked and Afraid”.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
....in the home stretch with just one rush gold crown to finish before vacation, and....
23_D9_FE42-84_FF-4393-98_D7-6_D9641_C7_AD49.jpg

482_D2464-04_FE-46_AF-8046-_BB7882_D0_A742.jpg

Bummer CatRob. That’s not happening now that I’m casting with CreamPress. Had a few of those with last case of Formula1. Never again!
FoGetAboutIt. Enjoy getting away!