Milling center that does stain and glaze as well?

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
Preferably a milling center with a high quality mill, that will finish the crown as well, anyone got any recommendations?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
I believe Panthera does some lab tasks on demand. Other than that, why not outsource to a laboratory that's not a direct competitor?

W

Willard

Reaction score
I think Haus in Dallas does stain and Glaze.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
I believe Panthera does some lab tasks on demand. Other than that, why not outsource to a laboratory that's not a direct competitor?
True, I’m just trying to avoid crappy mills though. Most labs have Roland’s which I’d like to avoid

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Where are you located? If in Canada we can help you out

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
How many crowns a day you want to have done?

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
OT, why do want to avoid Rolands?
Because if I’m sending to a milling center I’d like the highest quality I can get, and Roland’s are not consistent enough, and can’t mill margins as thin as I would want

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
How many crowns a day you want to have done?
Right now it’s just a test on my own crown to see how good a model-less workflow goes. I currently offer design services for other labs, and am wondering how it would turn out making crowns directly for dentists. Eventually I’m planning on going to school so I can figure out how to do those last steps myself, but for the time being I’m clueless how to do the stain and glaze step.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What is the thickness of the horizontal crown margin on your designs?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Because if I’m sending to a milling center I’d like the highest quality I can get, and Roland’s are not consistent enough, and can’t mill margins as thin as I would want
Even Argen has thick margins - I can mill about half as thick as them without much issue but if you want those perfect margins you’ll end up with chipping.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Right now it’s just a test on my own crown to see how good a model-less workflow goes. I currently offer design services for other labs, and am wondering how it would turn out making crowns directly for dentists. Eventually I’m planning on going to school so I can figure out how to do those last steps myself, but for the time being I’m clueless how to do the stain and glaze step.
You can send one to me if you want. My email is in the signature. Currently milling on Zenotec Select with Ivoclar's Prime Esthetic

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
OT, why do want to avoid Rolands?
I think Rolands are "fine" for your bread-and-butter zirc-work, but there are still some compromises- at least a whiff of a parting-line groove is something most people end up tolerating, for example. If I were a real perfectionist I could see trying hard to do better than that.

The flipside, of course, is that everybody's running Roland farms for simple C&B zirconia work for a reason, you don't really get precision-work workhorse mills for their price-point otherwise, it seems like. I'd think you'd have to charge a fair bit more for single-unit crowns and the like to get the same return on a beefier mill compared to a Roland. Not that I really know, I'm blessedly insulated from the business side of all this.

KingGhidorah

KingGhidorah

Reaction score
I think Rolands are "fine" for your bread-and-butter zirc-work, but there are still some compromises- at least a whiff of a parting-line groove is something most people end up tolerating, for example. If I were a real perfectionist I could see trying hard to do better than that.

The flipside, of course, is that everybody's running Roland farms for simple C&B zirconia work for a reason, you don't really get precision-work workhorse mills for their price-point otherwise, it seems like. I'd think you'd have to charge a fair bit more for single-unit crowns and the like to get the same return on a beefier mill compared to a Roland. Not that I really know, I'm blessedly insulated from the business side of all this.
The Z axis parting line is the real reason I don’t like Roland’s lol, but didn’t mention it because I was trying to avoid this thread turning into a debate on Roland’s lol. I’ve seen that parting line on almost every single Roland regardless of how much troubleshooting you do.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The machine is only a small part of the equation, my experience is that the zirconia you are milling determines how thin you can go without chipping. Most cheap zirc is brittle crap.. bruxzir is like this. The green state properties of the material determine how much load it can take without chipping. Im not a milling center, but I can tell you I never have chipping on sagemax .. it just doesnt happen in the mill unless your tools are severely worn (also another property of bad zirconia) But I also cant speak for rolands, Ive used 4 different brands of mills and the main cause of chipped margins was the material, which is why I only use one.

G

Glidewell Dental

Reaction score
WE are Glidewell Dental in Kent, Washington.
If you need Zirconia crowns to be milled from your STL files, reach out to us for a 2 day turn around.
Crowns are fully glazed and stained as requested.
Model printing available too if needed.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
WE are Glidewell Dental in Kent, Washington.
If you need Zirconia crowns to be milled from your STL files, reach out to us for a 2 day turn around.
Crowns are fully glazed and stained as requested.
Model printing available too if needed.
Pretty sure you have to be sponsor of this website to post that but i'll let the mods inform you @Travis

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Pretty sure you have to be sponsor of this website to post that but i'll let the mods inform you @Travis
the minute Glidewell is a sponsor you gonna stop trashing glidewell?

didn't think so. i wouldn't.

G

Glidewell Dental

Reaction score
fyi, this isnt a Glidewell Sponsor, this is my private account as someone linked to Glidewell business.
I wasnt aware my name will show up as Glidewell Dental. In works to get it corrected.
Thank you.

Top Bottom