And he’s.......

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
....in the home stretch with just one rush gold crown to finish before vacation, and....
23_D9_FE42-84_FF-4393-98_D7-6_D9641_C7_AD49.jpg

482_D2464-04_FE-46_AF-8046-_BB7882_D0_A742.jpg

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried Hydrocasting?...It's been awhile since I've done it, but it actually worked pretty dam good and it was super fast back in the day when doing rush gold crowns.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hydroscopic casting? I think that was a thing back in the days of Beauty Cast? I’ve never done it. I can normally burnout and cast gold crowns pretty fast anyway.
Just not this morning.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Hydroscopic casting? I think that was a thing back in the days of Beauty Cast? I’ve never done it. I can normally burnout and cast gold crowns pretty fast anyway.
Yep, you're right 'hydrocopic casting'...it was beauty cast investment. Dam man, that memory of yours is spot on!!!

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Yep, you're right 'hydrocopic casting'...it was beauty cast investment. Dam man, that memory of yours is spot on!!!
I’ve been around awhile, but not long enough to start forgetting stuff like Doug and Charles.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
We’re not leaving until tomorrow and I’ve got some stuff to get done to make my life easier when I get back.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Should of known you still use it...haha :) That's great!!!
I didnt realize it was old fashioned. Measured packets; thats pretty modern! Beats scooping Cristobalite out of a can. ;)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I didnt realize it was old fashioned. Measured packets; thats pretty modern! Beats scooping Cristobalite out of a can. ;)
It’s a little old fashioned, I was using BeautyCast in the early 80’s with metal rings and ringliner. I never worked with bulk investments though they were certainly available. They prolly still are.

user name

user name

Reaction score
It’s a little old fashioned, I was using BeautyCast in the early 80’s with metal rings and ringliner. I never worked with bulk investments though they were certainly available. They prolly still are.
Ring liner...asbestos or some of that new modern stuff?