Anatomic Profile Generator - Custom Healing Abutments

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Full disclosure - I have no financial interest in APG.

This is an interesting way to make any custom healing abutment using a reasonably priced meshmixer based software that will enable you to create 3d printed molds for all different implant sites and any implant system.

The way I look at this is any lab that wants to create some value added service could fabricate a custom healing abutment using a ti base or a titanium temporary abutment and help manage the tissue better than the stock healing abutments.
AGP Mold.png
The facebook page is - https://www.facebook.com/groups/AnatomicProfileGenerator/
Here are some videos -
Basic workflow -

How to create the custom healing abutment chairside

If you don't have a 3d printer they have someone who provides that service and if you do great you can start printing your own.

I also have a special offer if people buy the software from APG by the end of the year. They are the one's selling and supporting it. Not me or my company.

I just believe in what they are doing and see the benefit of their solution as a way to help labs offer more solutions to their clients.

Last edited:
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Dr George Pylant in the DFW area just presented what he does for custom healing abutments
this past Friday at the Helm Dental Lab implant symposium. Just FYI
LCM

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
what was his process- similar in nature to APG?

doug

doug

Reaction score
What is the cost for the program?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
I believe the program is $299 and I will provide two titanium temporary abutments engaging if you purchase by the end of the year (a $78 value).

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
Does this offer apply to labs in Canada?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
I would honor this. Just have to pay for shipping to Canada. Please email me your info to [email protected] and I will contact Patrick Moore and APG to let them know you want to buy the software etc. Thanks

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
what was his process- similar in nature to APG?
He uses the Straumann CARES system in office and makes his immediate provisional using the Co-Diagnostic system
for placement, etc. He would even try to ensure the timing of the connection and use a non-engaging temp abutment, etc.
Very fine clinician very comfortable with digital systems.
He would just modify the provisional and mill a custom provisional.
FYI - I only attended his lecture, don't have all the details but very impressed.
LCM

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
so the demo showed a 5mm ti base at surgery time he said, how to know how tall to make? Is it customized at placement? I have been saying this was a good idea for years great job to all involved, please pm me as I would like to try, I have guys interested in getting these. Thanks

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
i can help you with the ti bases and intro you to APG if you need this call me anytime at 626 421 2021...as for a 5mm ti base you do not need one taller since if it is not well designed with the proper retention features built in (anti rotation flat side, uniformed sandblasting, vertical (not slightly tapered or tapered walls) you will not have debonding or screw loosening or ti base breakage (I have all the testing we did for FDA approval on this topic). As for the actual custom healing abutment I have a great solution for you that you can use a ti base or not - just call me and we can discuss further ( a lot cheaper and turnkey) then having to design one in a software and then print or mill it out.