zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
You must be quite strong...:D

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

M

martintay

Reaction score
Now way lol- there like granite !! Surely not by pressing - I bet these things could withstand about 2 tonnes of pressure verticaly !!

Last edited:
M

mcfly

Reaction score
Tried making press plungers with excess investment and it worked perfect

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
did you put them in the burnout oven¿

A

Andymg

Reaction score
no lol
I think one of the employees put them in the invex.....
probably the reason I will look into it really surprised me

A

Andymg

Reaction score
btw they break in the cooling process the chip all over

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Yup, posted some a while back. Good thing I had back ups.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Who made the plungers? Never had one chip or break.
You should really use disposable. You will get less reaction layer. The alox retains heat too long and results in a heavier reaction layer. In addition, the TCE of the alox plunger is significantly different than the glass. Ever notice all the fractures in the bottom of the button when using alox. This goes away when using disposable. Generally not a big deal. But, a flaw could flow through to the restoration.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Who made the plungers? Never had one chip or break.
You should really use disposable. You will get less reaction layer. The alox retains heat too long and results in a heavier reaction layer. In addition, the TCE of the alox plunger is significantly different than the glass. Ever notice all the fractures in the bottom of the button when using alox. This goes away when using disposable. Generally not a big deal. But, a flaw could flow through to the restoration.

first, Alox plungers actually draw heat from the pressing making LESS scale. tested and proven by Brad Jones and Matt Roberts. and myself, separately.

second, i prefer tuning my oven to reduce scale and using disposable. cleaning the emax off the end of those sucks. could see why a untold tech would stick em' in the invex..

Last edited:
Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Alox plungers draw heat at the beginning of the program cycle, however after the completion of a program, they continue to put heat into the ring. Slow to heat and slow to cool. Either way, they are more of a pain because you have to clean them. They become even more problematic if you clean them with alox...causing distortion of the plunger itself. This leads to even more issues. Disposable are the way to go, one and done.

first, Alox plungers actually draw heat from the pressing making LESS scale. tested and proven by Brad Jones and Matt Roberts. and myself, separately.

second, i prefer tuning my oven to reduce scale and using disposable. cleaning the emax off the end of those sucks. could see why a untold tech would stick em' in the invex..

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Respectfully Disturbed,
I agree with Zubler. Alox plungers remain hot for a loooong time after pressing. This keeps the glass hot longer which keeps the surface of the investment in contact with the glass hot longer. Resulting in increased reaction layer.

A

Andymg

Reaction score
anyways what are some good suppliers for disposable plungers?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Respectfully Disturbed,
I agree with Zubler. Alox plungers remain hot for a loooong time after pressing. This keeps the glass hot longer which keeps the surface of the investment in contact with the glass hot longer. Resulting in increased reaction layer.

If I remember right, way back when I took my Empress training, they mentioned something I forgot until now, and that is when the ring comes out of the furnace, carefully hold the Alox plunger with the tongs (the part that grabs the plunger, letting it kind of "rest" on the top of the ring to steady it) for 1 minute. This helps to dissipate the heat, and to help with cracking that can go through the button.

Jensen has Microstar disposable plungers. Talladium I believe has their own version, and probably some other ones that can be found in the Zahn catalog. You just need to make sure they're the larger e.max size ones.

edit spelling: they're, their, there...so many options, I sometimes get confused :p

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
There are quite a few suppliers. I use and like Zubler plunger. The profits from Zubler plungers go to charity. I think it goes to helping needy children. They work great and why not help out.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
Respectfully Disturbed,

makes sence. i was simply regergitating what i heard from brad Jones which heard it from Matt Roberts who heard it from.....

i prefer making my own disposables with my left over investment. dupe the alox and bury em in a drawer.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
There are quite a few suppliers. I use and like Zubler plunger. The profits from Zubler plungers go to charity. I think it goes to helping needy children. They work great and why not help out.

Just talked to Chris at Zubler...excellent people, with some good information and tips (let alone his post #12). Just bought some of their disposable plungers.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score

Hey, Andymg. We carry disposable plungers in 12 & 13mm. Box of 50 =$45
TD Dental Supply Feel free to contact me.

Ron
(Manager)

TD Dental Supply
(877) 358-5833