Air Compressor

R

Ryan Vick

Reaction score
Was curious on what kind of air compressors people were using. How big(total gallons) it is and if it is extremely loud or not. I literally only need to run a pressure pot, air chisel, and air blower(next to my bench) with it. Ive asked around at all the retail stores and they all just stare at me like they dont know what im talking about lol. Thanks

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
If your talking light duty, I would look at the Jun-Air compressors. Quiet.

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Check out California air tools, u can buy directly from them or even Amazon.

They have a ultra quiet series with all different sizes and HP levels that are rated by sound decibels. You don't need very big.

They are much cheaper then the "dental" compressors on the market.

I have 2 of there compressors one very small one that I give $200 for 8 years ago and it still works perfectly. I think it's like 8 or 10 gallon and I used it for the exact same needs u mention. It's very quiet also. 60db I believe sounds like a loud hum...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Ryan Vick

Reaction score
Check out California air tools, u can buy directly from them or even Amazon.

They have a ultra quiet series with all different sizes and HP levels that are rated by sound decibels. You don't need very big.

They are much cheaper then the "dental" compressors on the market.

I have 2 of there compressors one very small one that I give $200 for 8 years ago and it still works perfectly. I think it's like 8 or 10 gallon and I used it for the exact same needs u mention. It's very quiet also. 60db I believe sounds like a loud hum...

Awesome thanks! exactly the same brand I seen online that I was going to look into!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Awesome thanks! exactly the same brand I seen online that I was going to look into!

Look on YouTube for review videos, found some pretty good ones on there a couple years back.

E

escopche

Reaction score
I have a 60 gallon Porter Cable for 14 years, with no issues. It's loud, but I have it in the basement of my lab.

pdent

pdent

Reaction score
I have the perfect compressor for you. It's California Air Tools model #9010D. I got it 3 months ago- it's small, quiet, runs everything in my denture lab easily. I ordered it through Home Depot.

G

GarryB

Reaction score
Was curious on what kind of air compressors people were using. How big(total gallons) it is and if it is extremely loud or not. I literally only need to run a pressure pot, air chisel, and air blower(next to my bench) with it. Ive asked around at all the retail stores and they all just stare at me like they dont know what im talking about lol. Thanks

We used to use a Jun-Air, very good compressor and very quiet.

We now use and have for the past 15 years an Air master 100 litre from our local machine mart.

Just as good air out put, super hard working and reliable. Is it as quiet as the June-Air? no way, but at about one fifth the price, we can deal with the extra noise (the Air Master isn't that loud) it stands in a back room away from the main lab.

As with anything, if it's specifically for "Dental" it will have an inflated price.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
60gal Ingersoll rand 5hp just changed the motor yesterday after 5 years of continuous running day and night. Gonna push to get an Atlas 7.5hp for our expansion of the lab in the near future.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom