Abutment analyzer?

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the correct name, but I've been told it may be abutment analyzer or putty analyzer. You're supposed to place it in the implant coping until it hardens making a copy of the implant abutment. The doctor uses this to remove excess cement, leaving the perfect amount of cement inside the coping. The number one reason causing implant failure is because of the excess cement getting all around the implant. Anyone know the proper name of this product and where I can purchase it? I've seen it as a blue or purplish colour.

Last edited:
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Sounds like Sil-Tech made by Ivoclar. It is a tub of blue putty that turns purple when you mix the red activator into it. I could see this being used in the way you describe.

doug

doug

Reaction score
You can squirt blue mousse bite registration material into the crown, let it set and it will make a great cement extruder for getting the right amount of cement inside an implant crown.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I think what doug is suggesting may be what I'm looking for. I do have a putty in the lab I may try, but I don't think It gets hard enough to use for this application. If I ever do find the name I'm looking for, I'll post it here.

Top Bottom