4 emax

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
not such a perfect prep, discolored tooth ,
well the reason for this post is a trick( i know Mark will not like it) bilding GC Zr over emax pellets. i did inform the dentist and in turn the patient.
so let's begin

emax1.jpg

wax up, then press.
emax.jpg

now as I used the MO pellets, ( always had miss color with ivoclar) i had to play with the colors.Here i used the GCZr IN 44 mixed with gc glaze liquid, and wash fired.
emax2.jpg

all i can say is i was very satisfied with the result.

emax3.jpg

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
oh i forgot to mention that i sprinkled GC Zr CLF(clear fluo) on the copings before baking.
and here's the finished ceramic
just A2, with enamel E57 and translucent T0

before glazing
emax4.jpg

emax5.jpg

and glazed with lustre no colors, only neutral
emax6.jpg

emax7.jpg

emax8.jpg

emax9.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You nailed the shade and the emergence profiles look good too. Do you have a pic on the solid check model?

Scrolling through the pics was an adventure though.I am guilty of this as well,perhaps someone could show us how to resize the pics.

user name

user name

Reaction score
We're grown ups and not here to just pat each other on the back. Thats some pretty poor looking work. Lots of bubbles in the die stone, dont see any die relief (?),crowns dont look like they fit at the margins- at least where you have them marked, and the surface texture is begging for a rub down.
Feel free to throw things at me, but I dont think I could sell those.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
To resize photo's get this......it's free Photoscape
Download it and it has a feature in it [RESIZE] to whatever size you desire, hey, that rhymed. Now seriously, I like 500 width, Al likes 600 and others like 800, just depends what you like to resize too. Hope that helps.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Thanks Labguy.

Username,I look forward to your presentation.

My adventures in Macro photography have humbled my ceramic skills.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
We're grown ups and not here to just pat each other on the back. Thats some pretty poor looking work. Lots of bubbles in the die stone, dont see any die relief (?),crowns dont look like they fit at the margins- at least where you have them marked, and the surface texture is begging for a rub down.

From the 1st pic it appears the marks are actually below the margin, and not at the apex. What and how would you suggest for rubbing?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

die relief? On E.max?......No way, especially if they were cad/cam as well, let the computer do it. I don't think it's poor work, we could all use a dose of quality. My suggestions, use a solid model to build anteriors, at least for photo's. Your cutback, and more the mammelon cut back could be a little different and less uniform, here, let me show you in a picture....this way it refracts like more natural. This is how we learn
awww.patriotdentallab.com_images_jackm.JPG

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
die relief? On E.max?......No way, especially if they were cad/cam as well, let the computer do it. I don't think it's poor work, we could all use a dose of quality. My suggestions, use a solid model to build anteriors, at least for photo's. Your cutback, and more the mammelon cut back could be a little different and less uniform, here, let me show you in a picture....this way it refracts like more natural. This is how we learn

Ahem,,ahem...try cutting that in emax,,,:D Its better done in wax. Nice cutback the best I've seen for a molar.popcorn

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Ahem,,ahem...try cutting that in emax,,,:D Its better done in wax. Nice cutback the best I've seen for a molar.popcorn

Naturally, you don't cut back that in e.max, you wax it jedi......
Molar?....you're making it too easy for me!!!!!!

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
You nailed the shade and the emergence profiles look good too. Do you have a pic on the solid check model?

Scrolling through the pics was an adventure though.I am guilty of this as well,perhaps someone could show us how to resize the pics.

nope the model is in post.
thanks for the tip.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Hey, some folks think you have to die space, some folks may even think you have to cut back in emax like the empress esthetic photo. just wanna make sure folks know that the cutback is done in wax. BTW my emax cutbacks never look quite like that,,,.,,sooo...hmmm,,,,,,,s3xy.

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score

agree , not the perfect die model, and didn't take photos of solid.
thanks for your remarks.

Top Bottom