3Shape scan bodies

M

Max Cohen

Reaction score
yeah so best idea will be Open tech, DESS or anyone using an NT based system.

can i suggest Argen as a starting point? or one of the dozens of manufacturers in the USA who have model printing and abutment manufacturing on site?

Thank you
I just purchased NT trading analogs from them and need to talk to them about abutment milling!

M

Max Cohen

Reaction score
my intraoral scan bodies are 100% peek and can be autoclaved/sterialized and unlike titanium ones which will lose their surface treatment and will have to be re sandblasted you don't have to deal with that issue with an all PEEK one...the other perk is that the DESS scan body is only 10mm tall and you hand tighten them into the mouth so no need to use an instrument to screw them down (the screw is inside the peek)...you can use our regular analogs that can be used in printed models - plus you get a ti base that is already has a sandblasted surface so you don't have to sandblast them and FDA approval. You will pay $30 or more just for the analog vs. $9 from DESS and we also have an angled screw channel ti base too that no one else has in case you need to off angle your insertion. View attachment 28161

Thanks much
That is exactly what I want in a scan body/analog combo
I will email you
Thanks again!

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
FYI - there are probably numerous milling center DLN members that can further clarify if this is an issue with them or not. The gingival transition height is 0.5mm with NT trading vs 0.3mm wit DESS. This transition height can limit your ability to optimally design the abutment. If you are considering their components I can have you talk to several milling centers who use NT trading and how they addressed this.

premill blank design.png

M

Max Cohen

Reaction score
I need to clarify what I am looking for.
We currently design, but do not mill.
So I am looking for a combination that includes 1. scan bodies, 2. analogs for model production, AND 3. a lab that can mill my design.
I have all, but they are not connected.
That is the scan flags that I currently use have two of the three, milling and scan bodies, but not analogs
Others have scan bodies, and milling nut use NT Trading analogs. I would like analogs that just drop in like DESS.
DESS has all the parts and they look good, but I don't think that they mill.
I could use DESS, but then need a compatible milling facility.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
I need to clarify what I am looking for.
We currently design, but do not mill.
So I am looking for a combination that includes 1. scan bodies, 2. analogs for model production, AND 3. a lab that can mill my design.
I have all, but they are not connected.
That is the scan flags that I currently use have two of the three, milling and scan bodies, but not analogs
Others have scan bodies, and milling nut use NT Trading analogs. I would like analogs that just drop in like DESS.
DESS has all the parts and they look good, but I don't think that they mill.
I could use DESS, but then need a compatible milling facility.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
call or email me with the name of your milling center. I am working with several that can do this for you as well. I don't want to take business away from any milling center that I can partner with though so prefer to work with them first.

Top Bottom