3Shape scan bodies

M

Max Cohen

Reaction score
Greetings
I am looking for a lab that is familiar with 3Shape scan bodies and has a library to utilize the 3Shape scan bodies with Zimmer implant abutment milling. I am interested in using these scan bodies and would like feedback/recommendations.
Thanks
Max

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
3shape branded scan bodies? as in, fresh off the toasted Danish with Jam ? as far as i know they arent widely used. you'd be better off with half a dozen other companies who make zimmer scan bodies. Medentika, NT, Open Tech, DESS just to name a few.

are you doing a case that was passed on to you from another person ?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
I heard they force you to use only the original implant manufacturers milling facilities too...what is the point of this...

M

Max Cohen

Reaction score
3shape branded scan bodies? as in, fresh off the toasted Danish with Jam ? as far as i know they arent widely used. you'd be better off with half a dozen other companies who make zimmer scan bodies. Medentika, NT, Open Tech, DESS just to name a few.

are you doing a case that was passed on to you from another person ?

No to passed on case.....
I have used zimmer implants and 3D for years.
What is new is that I am now printing models, and the analogs for the model are related directly to the scan body library if you use model builder.
I am looking for a scan body / analog combo for printed models.
The reason I was asking about 3Shape is because their new scan bodies are made of titanium and they can be sterilized.
But I am looking for any scan body, analog combo that can be used with a printable model and where the abutment design can be milled.
I am not currently milling.

M

Max Cohen

Reaction score
I heard they force you to use only the original implant manufacturers milling facilities too...what is the point of this...
That is not true Keith
I called 3Shape and the do not have a library for their scan bodies. They said that it is up to each facility to create DME using their scan bodies.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yeah so best idea will be Open tech, DESS or anyone using an NT based system.

can i suggest Argen as a starting point? or one of the dozens of manufacturers in the USA who have model printing and abutment manufacturing on site?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
yeah so best idea will be Open tech, DESS or anyone using an NT based system.

can i suggest Argen as a starting point? or one of the dozens of manufacturers in the USA who have model printing and abutment manufacturing on site?
NT based system. Oh my.... the old school geek jokes are numerous!

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
my intraoral scan bodies are 100% peek and can be autoclaved/sterialized and unlike titanium ones which will lose their surface treatment and will have to be re sandblasted you don't have to deal with that issue with an all PEEK one...the other perk is that the DESS scan body is only 10mm tall and you hand tighten them into the mouth so no need to use an instrument to screw them down (the screw is inside the peek)...you can use our regular analogs that can be used in printed models - plus you get a ti base that is already has a sandblasted surface so you don't have to sandblast them and FDA approval. You will pay $30 or more just for the analog vs. $9 from DESS and we also have an angled screw channel ti base too that no one else has in case you need to off angle your insertion. dess digital solutions.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
this-windows-10-joke-just-won-the-internet-491641-7.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
my intraoral scan bodies are 100% peek and can be autoclaved/sterialized and unlike titanium ones which will lose their surface treatment and will have to be re sandblasted you don't have to deal with that issue with an all PEEK one...the other perk is that the DESS scan body is only 10mm tall and you hand tighten them into the mouth so no need to use an instrument to screw them down (the screw is inside the peek)...you can use our regular analogs that can be used in printed models - plus you get a ti base that is already has a sandblasted surface so you don't have to sandblast them and FDA approval. You will pay $30 or more just for the analog vs. $9 from DESS and we also have an angled screw channel ti base too that no one else has in case you need to off angle your insertion. View attachment 28161

Question: what system are your Premills good for? are you ever going to get nobel active 3.0 /wp compatible?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Greetings
I am looking for a lab that is familiar with 3Shape scan bodies and has a library to utilize the 3Shape scan bodies with Zimmer implant abutment milling. I am interested in using these scan bodies and would like feedback/recommendations.
Thanks
Max

They are not yet released, but once they do it will all me MFG processed ti abutments and zr abutments and what not. They are trying to universalize implant markers, Nobel, Straumann, Zimmer, Biomet etc. some big names are already on board. Implant mfg's will be responsible for the libraries, 3shape will supply the markers. It will still maybe be a year or more till launched.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
my intraoral scan bodies are 100% peek and can be autoclaved/sterialized and unlike titanium ones which will lose their surface treatment and will have to be re sandblasted you don't have to deal with that issue with an all PEEK one...the other perk is that the DESS scan body is only 10mm tall and you hand tighten them into the mouth so no need to use an instrument to screw them down (the screw is inside the peek)...you can use our regular analogs that can be used in printed models - plus you get a ti base that is already has a sandblasted surface so you don't have to sandblast them and FDA approval. You will pay $30 or more just for the analog vs. $9 from DESS and we also have an angled screw channel ti base too that no one else has in case you need to off angle your insertion. View attachment 28161

Keith , any word on DIM analog libraries for Exocad Model Creator to print models?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Our premills are FDA approved and we have them for all the major implant companies. We will eventually have other Nobel Active platforms. Call or email me if you have any further questions. What machine are you using or considering using for the premills? DESS Premilled Blanks and Holders.png

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
lets say imes 650. i can see your holder is 98mm but do you guys have software for cam for these or am i going to have to engineer some shoemakery ?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
We have already worked with WorkNC and Hyperdent. I would introduce you to them for your specific needs. We have holders for the imes icore machines and they would provide them to you. Let me know how I can help further.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
very good, i will take you up on that soon. window shopping right now.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
Sorry if this starts to deviate from the main topic.

Keith,

Website mentions the 98mm holder is for wet mills designed for titanium such as Ceramill or Amann Girrbach.

As far as I know, the Motion 2 can only mill titanium using the "lathe" mode and not with a 98mm blank. Is something being done different or how can this be achieved for this system?

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
One of our partners is developing a solution for Ceramill/AG. I am unsure of the viability of this given that the client would have to make some changes to the CAM and holder just to use our blocks. Once it is developed I can let the group know. I assume you are using NT trading and they cover most of the implant systems used.

Top Bottom