3shape Output

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I change the orientation of the designed STL files?

I'm trying to get SLM frames done but I'm getting an error saying "they need to be re submitted in proper orientation (margins down)"

It seems the crowns are loading with buccal view and not inside of the crown view.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they can't re-orient their units in the printer? new level of lazy.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Not sure how I can change it. I looked in the settings but I don't really see anything.

krashd133

krashd133

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how I change the orientation of the designed STL files?

I'm trying to get SLM frames done but I'm getting an error saying "they need to be re submitted in proper orientation (margins down)"

It seems the crowns are loading with buccal view and not inside of the crown view.

I believe it has to do with the insertion direction chosen in the beginning of the design stage...at this point the triangles made with the points have faces that are oriented in that direction.

Without using a 3rd party software I don't know how to switch the direction in 3shape(sorry) but maybe someone else on here does

What printing software do you have that is so picky?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
could use meshlab to change the co-ordinates post-design pre-production but again theres really no use, the nesting guys are just lazy. every printer should be able to re-orient a print on the build plate.

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
Any cad software can do this. We use solid works to re-orientate crowns, set new insertion paths. Just make sure bridges are set to parallel insertion. There's nothing we can do about that

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what software is being used to make the slm copings.

I guess I can try to change them in a 3rd party program but just thought maybe there was a setting in the 3shape that would work.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
I managed to figure it out. I was selecting " Export the Visualization Output" instead of "Generate CAM output"

Banghead

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I managed to figure it out. I was selecting " Export the Visualization Output" instead of "Generate CAM output"

Banghead

LEt me simplify that for you 'F7'
Followed by Shift + F4 opens up the slt location.

Top Bottom