3Shape & Mamelon Structures

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make substructure with Mamelon effects in 3Shape? Like this?

ai1191.photobucket.com_albums_z465_Mizzle11_image_zps9d91c7e5.jpg
ai1191.photobucket.com_albums_z465_Mizzle11_image_zps9d91c7e5.jpg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I do them by hand. First use the half mm tool to dig a notch then use the half mm tool to add in the ridges then use the smallest radius and highest amplitude to groove the notches. Usually i put 5 on centrals and 4 on laterals. Depends the ceramist preference.

C

CADL

Reaction score
Why not create a library with mamelons? Would we be able to manipulate without creating distortions?

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Cutback like that with anatomical coping. build up a little with wax knife.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
use your morphing tool!!!

Its a very nice tool if you know how to use it, its almost all I ever used.
The trick is understanding its an edge finding tool that manipulates the material based on your screen orientation...

So basically get everything where you want it...
Find your occlusial view and skew it facially just a bit.
Adjust the size of your morph tool.

Let the tool, "snap" as it finds the facial of your incisial edge, then drag it back. each time you do this you should create a divide between mamalons.

Once you have what you want, switch to a facial view and adjust the height of your mamalons this way as well...

Either way, you should start practicing with your morph tool...

Its usless unless your adjusting the orientation of your design to let he tool, "snap," to your edge.

By snap I mean, you know how you move the morph tool to the 3edge of your design and suddenly the outer circumference is highlighted... it just snapped to the egde.
Now based on your orientation, that edge can be manipulated sweetly and beautifully.

good luck.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
All I use is my morphing tool and I can do these by morphing or using the wax knife tools.

Only reason I'm asking is I was looking through the 3Shape manual about the new upgrades and they said that this is set up in a library some how?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Tech support should know how to do...no ?;)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you could just as easily create a new library of mamelons in one simple scan. you wouldn't even need to wax a tooth. just make a thing in wax of a mamelon about 1/16" across. add it to the library of Attachments. then just add it as an attachment everywhere and stretch/skew as needed.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I heard there is a new feature coming to do this

ayane

ayane

Hero of Time
Reaction score
Please do not make adjustments to the as-milled piece. As stated before, the morphing tool with the smallest diameter and highest intensity works great for establishing initial division, and can be smoothed out using a larger diameter tool and decreasing intensity. Make sure your strategy can cover gaps as small as you're introducing. You can use the measuring tool to measure. Usually 0.3mm tool is more than sufficient, although i have seen the 0.15-0.17mm tools out there.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Please do not make adjustments to the as-milled piece. As stated before, the morphing tool with the smallest diameter and highest intensity works great for establishing initial division, and can be smoothed out using a larger diameter tool and decreasing intensity. Make sure your strategy can cover gaps as small as you're introducing. You can use the measuring tool to measure. Usually 0.3mm tool is more than sufficient, although i have seen the 0.15-0.17mm tools out there.

Talladium has a 0.015mm tool for the roland DWX-50, tried it and broken many. Best to do it in the software then finalize it after sintering.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!THIS!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Isn't it sad ? Paying a small fortune for support and at the end of the day we could give'em a lesson...

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Isn't it sad ? Paying a small fortune for support and at the end of the day we could give'em a lesson...

LOL, so true. Perfect example of real world testing over MFG testing. We find the bugs and work arounds while they can't. LMFAO.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
We are the the beta testers for each new version...like it or not. It costs an insane amount to hire a 3rd party software tester to pinpoint the bugs and flaws vs. nothing to collect the feedback from end users... Seen way to many times the dialog window: "Tell us how to replicate this bug...etc. ".... sickening... for a top dollar software, should never show up something like this....

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
As far as tech support I have great tech support through CAP. I've just been on vacation this week for the first time in 3 years and I haven't talked to them.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
We are the the beta testers for each new version...like it or not. It costs an insane amount to hire a 3rd party software tester to pinpoint the bugs and flaws vs. nothing to collect the feedback from end users... Seen way to many times the dialog window: "Tell us how to replicate this bug...etc. ".... sickening... for a top dollar software, should never show up something like this....

Beta Testers?
You mean Guinean pigs? :)

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score

3rd party testing cost outrageous amounts, yes, but yet we have to pay an annual fee! Yet WE are the 3rd party testing, they get testing result and bug feedback for free AND we have to pay them. FTS!!! Boycott 3SHAPE Boycott 3SHAPE Boycott 3SHAPE Boycott 3SHAPE! LOL!