3Shape license for second hand scanner

M

malnabokor

Reaction score
Hello!
I’m planning on buying a Trios 3 scanner from the second hand market however as I see some of them come without a dongle and license.
Is it possible to purchase a dongle with license from 3Shape for a used, second hand device?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wouldnt do it if it doesnt come with a dongle. You will be forced to pay for the dongle, and you wont be saving money in the end... and Im a big fan of buying used, but learn from my mistakes.

Last edited:
M

malnabokor

Reaction score
I wouldnt do it if it doesnt come with a dongle. You will be forced to pay for the dongle, and you wont be saving money in the end... and Im a big fan of buying used, but learn from my mistakes.
What would you say, what would be the cost?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hello!
I’m planning on buying a Trios 3 scanner from the second hand market however as I see some of them come without a dongle and license.
Is it possible to purchase a dongle with license from 3Shape for a used, second hand device?
1) join the Trios Study Club on Facebook

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I’m not sure but 3shape will probably charge you just to find out. When I looked almost ten years ago it was around $2000-2500 to buy a dongle, + additional fees for license activation.
This could have changed though. Definitely ask before buying, any reseller should be able to quote and check the serial.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You will get the answer to your questions directly from 3Shape and resellers from the Trios Study Club.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
1) join the Trios Study Club on Facebook

You will get the answer to your questions directly from 3Shape and resellers from the Trios Study Club.
I can't repeat this enough. This forum is a great place to come for help. Having said that, if you aren't on the FB groups for 3Shape, Asiga, Trios, etc you are really missing out on a ton of great help. I literally got a question answered from a tech in Lithuania a couple weeks ago that saved me from going through tech support with my reseller. Any questions specific to a design software program you are using or a mill, or printer, can usually be answered faster from those FB groups. It's the only reason my FB account is still active.

Top Bottom