3Shape library question.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not sure what happened, but when Im going to design a full contour I now only have one anatomy option. If I open the control panel, under libraries I see all the options.

I don't want to mess with what I don't understand and screw something up, so Im asking...right under the list of libraries, there are the colored icons add, copy, delete move up and move down. Do I simply click on each selection on the libraries list and click 'add'? just to the right it shows 'edit anatomy and pontic libraries'....shows the ID, name, library path, and just below that is an 'edit library models' button.

...I know you all know that; Im just saying this is what Im looking at so you can point me to it.

So, how do I make more of these anatomy options available when Im in Designer, and question#2, I know I really don't need them all. Which few do you like to use?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you might need to be a bit more specific... you only have one anatomy selection ... in smile composer ? you know you can click on the buttons above the "global transformation" tools and change your library, right ?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This might be something that is best solved with a Teamviewer session. Might be a very simple fix. I like one called Deep Anatomy 2, it is the one I use 97% of the time.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Luke..when I first get into anatomy design, its in smile composer and gives an initial tooth form proposal. My questions are...why is it always the same tooth form. Right under smile composer is sculpt, and below that is choosing smile library with three drop down menus. I used to be able to select from one of those drop down menus to select a more appropriate tooth form. I didn't often, but now I don't think I can.

Ive been slugging along with the scanner and getting things done, but obviously I need some remedial training. Id be willing to hire someone with the skills and knowledge to do a teamview and take a look at things to verify everythings correct.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its the same tooth form because that is the library selected by default. you can change this in the control panel. you can absoluely always change anatomy library in smile composer when you have more than one library installed, or marked as indicated for that tooth number.

so while you may download a lirary they may have set the numbers up wrong for the teeth; in ADA numbers imagine 4 was switched with 9.... that idea. if the library is not indicated "for posteriors" or "for anteriors" or "for all" you will not be able to select it in your anatomy chooser.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Luke..when I first get into anatomy design, its in smile composer and gives an initial tooth form proposal. My questions are...why is it always the same tooth form. Right under smile composer is sculpt, and below that is choosing smile library with three drop down menus. I used to be able to select from one of those drop down menus to select a more appropriate tooth form. I didn't often, but now I don't think I can.

Ive been slugging along with the scanner and getting things done, but obviously I need some remedial training. Id be willing to hire someone with the skills and knowledge to do a teamview and take a look at things to verify everythings correct.

Even in "smile composer" there should be a couple drop down areas where you can change the anatomy. If you don't like the default library, then in control panel under anatomy elements-crown find which material you work with and change the default library by clicking the drop down. Hope this helps.

Do you use the library that came with 3Shape, or you have CAP's library? I'm rocking CAP's and it's amazing.

Top Bottom