3Shape Implant Library lock down -

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Here is the thing as I see it with parts that are in the process of getting clearance however not cleared with FDA.

1) if the rest of the modern world is using a CAD BASE part and there is no issues why the hell are we slow to accept it ( oh yeah its about money)
2) if I can still SCAN the base rather than USE the damn digital version how does this solve ANYTHING

The guys that have worked hard and reverse engineered INTERFACES for MILLED INTERFACES and have sold these libraries are NOT playing fair they are the ones that should be penalized.

This letter is not explaining EXACTLY what will be affected and how it will effect the average user.

Also what will happen if we just set up the order with prior version?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
John,
until I (the average user) see an email from 3shape telling me what I can and can't do, i'm not really worried about it. Most of the companies I use are on the 3shape list, and i'm sure Argen is also prepared ...

i'm much more worried about how to get these 3 full hybrid cases done in time...

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I think this is 3Shape's stepping towards FDA compliance. They're doing this to cover them now

is what it boils down to.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Can we just vote the FDA off of the island?

Can we bring them into The Donald's board room so he say "You're Fired!"

Can we we finally get a Thumbs down icon for facebook and give them a billion "dislikes"

I am sick of it but I guess everyone doesn't have the same thoughts as I do

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Do like big pharma and just pay them off to get what you want john;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
The FDA is big pharma. The association is tight. Board members work for pharma, then FDA, then pharma. And the NADL wants them regulating labs, claiming some vague improvement in the industry? Hmmmm2

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
So switched over to 2015 two days ago and BOOM. Glidewell is cleared and Straumann My Nobel is not Implant Direct open or closed library is not and my Argen is not. Looking like I have to switch back to 2014, sucks cause some new features on 2015 that are cool. My glidewell 4.5mm interface had an issue till I got the newest one from glidewell. Now my Hybrid abutments are not haiving the interface part cut out of them, way too many issues so far.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Get the 2015.1.0 version...should work...not the 2.0 version.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Get the 2015.1.0 version...should work...not the 2.0 version.

Kent 1.0 is the limited release version 2.0 is the first end user release. I was on 1.0 and couldn't send my abutments to straumann or nobel. in house wasn't an issue if I recall.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Then you're going to have to revert back to 2014. I assume that Straumann or nobel haven't built the new libraries for 2015 yet, and

if they have, 3Shape has the implant libraries on lock down right now.

Top Bottom