3Shape Implant Library lock down -

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
If y'all are using non-FDA approved libraries - 3shape issued a lockdown by March 5, 2015 - meaning next update you do, will lock out that database, unless the company can provide 510k documentation

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Thank god I've switched to Exo...

yeah, i'm gonna call out one of the big implant companies and their aggressive lobbying for this one. The e-mail wasn't issued until last Wed and that means it only gives companies like 2 weeks to comply? that doesn't make sense.

Very interesting how this is being handled.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You know there's hope for this world when the exo cads start praising the lord.Adore

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
So tell me how exactly the implant libraries are supposed to be FDA certified? I thought it is just the parts that we use?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
its software, no? not something requiring a 510k?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I imagine its the geometries for milling the base only NOT the CAD base libraries.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
...and you guys continually pay for this type of crap!!! Chalk another one up for Exocad :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
If I am correct this will not effect anyone that is not milling their own custom abutments/base. Any hybrids will not fall in the category?????

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
My information is that this is due to updated FDA regulations (sorry, I don't have the number on that). If so, I would expect to see it in other systems as well. Dontknow And since this is due to the FDA, it will only pertain to US markets.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Subject: Discontinuation of all non-FDA-cleared libraries - Abutment Designer in 3Shape Dental System 2015

Dear Partner,

We would like to inform you that as from theend of February 2015, all non-FDA-cleared abutment components/libraries in 3Shape Dental System™ 2015 will no longer be available.This willbecome effective with our next patch release of Dental System™ 2015 (15.2.0 version). This is due to a request from the FDA and applies only for installations in the US.

In order to make sure that your libraries will continue being available in Dental System™, we would urgently like to ask you to send us documentation in form of a copy of your 510(k) clearanceletter that your respective libraries only consist of FDA-cleared components to the extent that clearance is required for said component.

Secondly, please signattached confirmation letter stating that your library only consists of FDA-cleared components to the extent that clearance is required for said component.

Once we receive the above documentation from you, we will be able to include a check mark in your library in Dental System™ to make sure that your library will continue to be enabled in the system.

Please note that this does not require any changes to your existing libraries; as usual it is only important that your library is encrypted – which we assume is already the case. Please be aware that you are responsible for the fact that your library only contains FDA-cleared components to the extent that clearance is required for said component.

If you should have any questions, please contact Hanne Nielsen ([email protected]).

Thank you very much for sending the documents to Ivan Meshkov ([email protected]) as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Larissa

Please note that we advise you to no longer use non-510(k) cleared components/libraries while awaiting the new software version 15.2.0.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
so the take away is if they don't have their 510k for the physical portion of it, then you will not be able to use this. aka don't upgrade to 2015.2 until you are sure all your parts are FDA approved. huge hit to all the businesses out there that don't have it.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Are you a milling center milling interfaces?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Please note that this does not require any changes to your existing libraries; as usual it is only important that your library is encrypted – which we assume is already the case. Please be aware that you are responsible for the fact that your library only contains FDA-cleared components to the extent that clearance is required for said component

How does encryption prove FDA compliance?? This just seems like a power grab.Hmmmm2

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
If I am correct this will not effect anyone that is not milling their own custom abutments/base. Any hybrids will not fall in the category?????
that's what I've been reading into it. 3shape has the 510k sheet available in the help panel... chalk this up for panic about a babyruth in a swimming pool..

where's my letter? I feel left out

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Hey, nobody likes or wants to see a floater.
My point is, it's easy enough to do a 510k search... 3shape has some 100 companys listed..
anyone out there manufacturing materials to go in the mouth has FDA approval on their materials... or they aren't in business long.
Just did a quick search and came up with argen metals approvals from 2002.. PMMA aprovals etc.

this is more than likely a crack down on outsourcing to overseas manufacturing.

also, don't think for a second that 3shape is required to do anything for the FDA, but it is in their interest to "work with " the FDA.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
This really has to do with IO scanning more than anything else. A bunch of stuff got approved recently. Right before mid winter/IDS.Hmmmm2 I doubt this will have any real effect on those scanning from models.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
it's a complete power move. feel so bad for the companies that are selling non FDA parts :(

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
it's a complete power move. feel so bad for the companies that are selling non FDA parts :(
ok, let us know if you are serious... or should I rate this as funny? not sure what to do here

Top Bottom