3shape D710 + Sirona inLab MCXL Compatibility

• Thread starter Dentalenhancements
  • Start date
D

Dentalenhancements

Reaction score
Hello, been visiting this forum for a while but first time post-

I have been back and forth trying to find the best system. Originally had 3shape with Cercon, but returned the Cercon Brain Expert to buy the MCXL w/ model milling paired with the 3shape D710. I know, I would have done it differently looking back, but it is what it is. Plus, we want to keep the ability with 3shape to do removables, etc. in the future.

Now that Sirona has come out with the custom two-piece abutments, I would love to quit sending the work out to be milled. Only thing is, I can't figure out how to set up the order form in 3shape to be able to export to inLab- the "abutment" option on the inLab order form is greyed out. If I set it up as abutment in 3shape, it wants me to scan/configure with the 3shape scan bodies.

Another quirk- occlusion does not show up in the Sirona design software for any case that is imported from 3shape. Works when scanned from bluecam only.

Any ideas??? I'd really like to avoid buying another scanner, so before I do I thought I would get some opinions. Thanks everybody for all your help!

Mike

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You have a mess.

Sorry you bought that mill, but you are kinda in a tough place.

You should have asked more questions here before you opened thy wallet.

Death by Dongle awaits you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Death by Dongle...LOL...can I use that?

D

Dentalenhancements

Reaction score
Unlimited dongle, actually. But thank you for your input, despite the lack of support or relativity to my original question. I do understand, however, it would have been wise to ask you for your PERSONAL opinion prior to the purchase, but I clearly cannot do that at this point in time. So, that said, is there anybody else who has any helpful information pertaining to the original post, rather than the non-relevant dongle that in no way, shape or form relates to me or this post?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be glad to look at your data to see what meshes you have and what Sirona "thinks" they are.

I am one of few in the US with software to deencrypt both 3shape *** and Sirona CDT files.

You joke at the thought of needing more dongles huh. We'll see who's laughing in a few months. popcorn

Just wait, there will be a new anti-invisibilty full-anatomy mesh dongle soon!

Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It's my professional opionion actually. (wink)

I doubt you will find many Dental Techs with as much machine knowledge and experience as me. There are a few, but not too many.

I hope you can make it work for you. It is a hard CNC mill to control with any 3rd party CAM. They have you by the ballz my friend.

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
Welcome and sorry that this is not relevant to your q again, but can i ask how you are finding the marginal fits of your units with the 3shape/mcxl combo?

I am having no end of bad fit issues with the sirona system and am trying to establish whether it is the scanner or the mill or both.

You are the only person i have come accross so far who has the mcxl with 3 shape dongle and scanner.

Maybe you can PM me if you dont want to post public, thanks either way.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Remember abutment designer is an add on package with the 3shape software, you need a specific set of scan flags and abutment analogue data to be able to mill the Zr or emax part of the abutment - I suspect you will need to buy the software module and have sirona upload their part before anything will work.
Scott may turn out to be right - death by dongle and misinformation.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Welcome and sorry that this is not relevant to your q again, but can i ask how you are finding the marginal fits of your units with the 3shape/mcxl combo?

I am having no end of bad fit issues with the sirona system and am trying to establish whether it is the scanner or the mill or both.

You are the only person i have come accross so far who has the mcxl with 3 shape dongle and scanner.

Maybe you can PM me if you dont want to post public, thanks either way.

Paul, Why don't you send me/email me a scanned prep in STL format and I will import it into my unit and mill you a ZR coping if the fit is good then its your mill if its still cr*p then its the scanner. Then send the die up to me, for me to scan and lets have a showdown for a laugh. Pete :)

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
Pete, if you want to send the die up to me after your done, I'll do the same with 3shape, and if you do it quickly, I should have all the interoral scanners on site as well. It's like invasion of the Dalek's here, i'm fine the stairs still defeat them. (UK TV series reference)

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Pete, if you want to send the die up to me after your done, I'll do the same with 3shape, and if you do it quickly, I should have all the interoral scanners on site as well. It's like invasion of the Dalek's here, i'm fine the stairs still defeat them. (UK TV series reference)

I would love to work at your place Colin it just sounds fantastic, I dont think Paul is sending the die but I am going to try and look at his scan data, pm him.

If I get a chance can I come and have a play one day?:D

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
I would love to work at your place Colin it just sounds fantastic, I dont think Paul is sending the die but I am going to try and look at his scan data, pm him.

If I get a chance can I come and have a play one day?:D

Your welcome anytime, we're only 200 from you, I'll give you a shout next time I get a run south arranged, if your not up here first.

Same goes for any of you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Can you pick me up in Halifax?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Paulg and i have really ginormously huge chips on our shoulders about the inlab system. Like Paul, I'd love to see some pics of your e.max cad and zirconia mills, ours are a complete joke. I'd recommend returning your mcxl if you still have time and getting the origin mill...or anything else. Sorry, but that truly is the best help i can offer.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Paulg and i have really ginormously huge chips on our shoulders about the inlab system. Like Paul, I'd love to see some pics of your e.max cad and zirconia mills, ours are a complete joke. I'd recommend returning your mcxl if you still have time and getting the origin mill...or anything else. Sorry, but that truly is the best help i can offer.

Why aren't you guys posting on Facebook in the Cerec forum? It's a great resource, except it's lacking honesty and transparency

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hi Mark,
If it lacks honesty, why bother?
I tossed $100k into Cerec and learned a lot. Mostly, dont ever trust your Patterson rep. They are only after the sale.
Ended up selling it for shot bucks.
The system is sold with huge pressure little support and there is no way it will produce quality milled restorations.
B

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Why aren't you guys posting on Facebook in the Cerec forum? It's a great resource, except it's lacking honesty and transparency"

I think you answered your own question there Mark :)

I joined the CEREC doctors foums for a year and learnt alot of what i know there, but that was exactly the same. Ask anything negative and get shot down from a great height! to much money involved for them to let the truth out.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Why aren't you guys posting on Facebook in the Cerec forum? It's a great resource, except it's lacking honesty and transparency

That place makes my blood boil just as fast as listening to the crap that comes out of D.C. And it's pointless to say anything to those people. Those who want the truth can find it.
The other reason is Id have to create a facebooked account :) my wife got sick of all the updates from those idiots on her "wall"