3Shape D500 vs. D700?

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
So i made the decision to purchase a D500 over a D700 simply because I have no plan to do implant bars. And the only other difference i could find between the two scanners is that the scan speed is a little bit slower on the 500 which I can deal with. Any opinions on my decision to go with the 500? thanks also the 500 I purchased came with all the premium software included.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Unless the money is so substantially less why buy older technology that will have a limited supported life? I always look at how long do I expect to use a piece of equipment, how long will it stay viable, what is my ROI.

I am certain the 500 will fill you needs today, but how long is it going to be supported/ optimized for new software updates?

Good luck.

jackjabbour

jackjabbour

Reaction score
I agree with you but it was 6K cheaper...and basically the same scanner as the 700.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
The $6K is only $100 a month or $5 per manufacturing day over 5 years.
I agree with John. You'll likely save the $5 just in scan time and related labor.
We sell many 3Shape scanners and really never see any interest in the 500. I think over the last couple of years we sold one.
But, you do have the best in class CAD program.

Slipstream

Slipstream

Reaction score
It's hardly older technology -It's not even 2 years old (IDS 2011) the D700 is at least 2 years older again, and with the basic software and CAD point options for less common used features it's quite a viable machine, particularly in smaller labs - under £200 a month to lease.

For those with an interest the cronology goes D200, D250 (both no longer supported after 2012 updates AFAIK) D700, D800, D500, Trios Cart, D900, Trios Pod, Trios Chair integrated

Last edited: