3M True def scanner and models

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
can anyone tell me if i have to use Intec for my models with scans that I'm receiving from the True Definition scanner?

DentalLabHombre

DentalLabHombre

Reaction score
I think they are charging like $20 to $25 a model. was wondering if there were any other cost effective solutions when it comes to the True Def scanner?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
No you do not need to send them the models, just make sure in your portal to choose NEVER produce models. You may have to have them change that for you.

All the scans I get I import into 3shape and Argen is printing them.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Import them into any geometry software and get anyone you want to print them. They are really open, just better designed after margins are marked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We print them as well

L

labtek

Reaction score
No you do not need to send them the models, just make sure in your portal to choose NEVER produce models. You may have to have them change that for you.

All the scans I get I import into 3shape and Argen is printing them.

Tru Def scanners from the dentist.... Can they be imported into 3shape software and designed with 3shape? 2nd. is there a license or fee that needs to be paid to 3M in order to accept tru def scans? Who pays the 3M fees, the dentists, lab or both?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Tru Def scanners from the dentist.... Can they be imported into 3shape software and designed with 3shape? 2nd. is there a license or fee that needs to be paid to 3M in order to accept tru def scans? Who pays the 3M fees, the dentists, lab or both?

My understanding is that 3m has a strategic alliance with 3shape but not sure on fees, I know I do not pay anything additional unless you count the "model builder all scans" I have :)

K

KIM

Reaction score
I believe there is a $79 monthly fee for the lab to have access to their doctors True Def files in the 3M Connection Center.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score

There is no license fee that Im aware of. At least Ive never paid for one. There is a margin marking fee where another lab marks the margin for you. 3M has there own Margin marking software. The price usually $8 a unit. Also make sure to call 3M and have them upload the 3shape files for you to download after the margin has been marked

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
3M has made it so any lab can do the margin marking now without having to have like 30 or 50 cases under their belt (can't remember how many it was). Now all you do is watch three videos they send you then confirm with email that you have done this and they will send you a file to margin mark. You do that correctly and they will make you 3M margin marking certified. Much easier....they must of got tired of my bltchin :p

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Geeze Rob, those adult coloring books really paid off .:cool:

L

labtek

Reaction score
3M has made it so any lab can do the margin marking now without having to have like 30 or 50 cases under their belt (can't remember how many it was). Now all you do is watch three videos they send you then confirm with email that you have done this and they will send you a file to margin mark. You do that correctly and they will make you 3M margin marking certified. Much easier....they must of got tired of my bltchin :p

So, is there a monthly fee from 3m to accept true-def scans?
I have a doctor who is leaning towards purchasing an io scanner and has narrowed his choices down to 3M and 3shape trios. I am trying to find out what the lab end of it will be so I can help in the decision

J

Jorge

Reaction score
I believe there is a $79 monthly fee for the lab to have access to their doctors True Def files in the 3M Connection Center.

Same here in Spain (al least last year)
You had to contract twelve months
With that you could use 3M online program to define margins and then download the STL file
3M model printing was with a company in Germany or by your own

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
So, is there a monthly fee from 3m to accept true-def scans?
I have a doctor who is leaning towards purchasing an io scanner and has narrowed his choices down to 3M and 3shape trios. I am trying to find out what the lab end of it will be so I can help in the decision
NO fee that I'm aware of. I believe the fee is on the Doctors end, whether it be a monthly or yearly fee for open .stl If I was swaying a Doc nowadays, it would be CareStream 3500 all the way...open architecture and no monthly/yearly fees.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...and not upgradable.

You must buy a new scanner to get the latest features.

unlike Trios which can be upgraded.

C

charles007

Reaction score
...and not upgradable.

You must buy a new scanner to get the latest features.

unlike Trios which can be upgraded.
Didn't know that... but you could almost buy a bakers dozen of scanners for the price of 1 Trios.... , white lie, almost ! lol Laugh

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Trios is the same price as a carestream 3600 . The 3500 is a good scanner but an old model now.
My Trios colour is an older model compared to the Trios 3 but I receive the same upgrades as the Trios 3.

This means my older Trios will be faster than the new carestream 3600 this quarter.

tumblr_mgwl8s7C9h1s1zzm3o1_400.gif

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
The cost of ownership could buy you a Florida condo...:p

L

labtek

Reaction score
NO fee that I'm aware of. I believe the fee is on the Doctors end, whether it be a monthly or yearly fee for open .stl If I was swaying a Doc nowadays, it would be CareStream 3500 all the way...open architecture and no monthly/yearly fees.

How does the Carestream perform on big bridges? My dentist just told me there was a newer 3600 version now. When I contacted the company i never did get a response from them. NOt sure why they didnt follow up with me, but I took that as, they were to busy to service potential customers or they were not confident in doing an actual hands on demo with a live patient as i requested.
What has been your experiences?

S

Sheldon Lerner

Reaction score
Hi
The 3600 is on a roadshow now and will be available soon. We had a chance to preview it. Not sure what soon is, but it's not 6 months away, probably a matter of a month or so. We were very impressed and we are not sure there is much of a difference between the latest 3 shape even in 'insane mode'. The difference is probably not clinically significant.
Best
Sheldon