3 Shape Design versions

WaxOnScanOff

WaxOnScanOff

Reaction score
Hello all!

We use 3 Shape design software at our lab. 2 Years ago we tried to upgrade to the 2018 version of the software and it caused a system wide-outage that lasted 3 days. We immediately downgraded and went back to the 2017 version (but we mostly still use the 2014 version since it has a better interface). Has anyone else had any problems with the 2018 3 Shape software? In contrast, do any of you recommend it? What are the benefits of having 2018 vs. the 2017 version? We're honestly just gun shy about trying this but with production up in the air right now because of Covid-19, I'm thinking it might be an ideal time to attempt it again.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and suggestions!

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
understandable hesitation given 3shape's history. 2019 was somewhat buggy as well. you should be just fine now though.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
WaxOnScanOff is a great screen name but a little lengthy. From now on your Delta Tau Chi name is WacksOff. No thanks necessary.

Last edited:
millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
WaxOnScanOff is a great screen name but a little lengthy. From now on your Delta name is WackOff. No thanks necessary.
That's a very creative abbreviation but there is a shortage of toilet paper, remember?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
lol...works for me :)

R

rookiee

Reaction score
19.3. is pretty stable and ok, depends on what you do mostly...

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
18.2 is working well for me, for my normal everyday crown and bridge work I do, including abutments.