3 Shape Printed Splint bite accuracy

J

Jin ahn

Reaction score
Hi?
Our lab has started using 3 shape for designing and printing night guard for few months.
We're pretty getting used to the workflow with this new digital thing.
The result of printing is pretty satisfying with texture and fitting, but there is one problem with processing time.
After printing out the night guard, our lab do the bite test with articulated models.
As we test the bite test, splints always do not have all the bite marks that was shown on the 3 shape. They randomly have positive bite mark on few teeth, and we have to grind it
for get the rest bites which takes so long time. Does anyone facing same problem? If so, how did you deal with it?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nope, no adjustments.
3 Shape splint studio is the best.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
We have no issues and we design in 3Shape Appliance designer and if you scan your models with the correct transfer plates then you shouldn't have any issue bringing it back to the physical articulator once its printed.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
Trios scans
Not sure what you mean, if you mean working from the digital scan, with or without a bite we print the models, mount them to our articulator and rescan it to make sure that everything transfers to the physical articulator for when we finish the nightguard.

H

HampeTC

Reaction score
Seems to me like one of two things might be happening here. Either your bite scan is of or your digital articulator is.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, if you mean working from the digital scan, with or without a bite we print the models, mount them to our articulator and rescan it to make sure that everything transfers to the physical articulator for when we finish the nightguard.
I work directly from the scan. Modeless.

LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp

Reaction score
I work directly from the scan. Modeless.
Ah gotchya, we had tested that out to decent success but we like to finish and tweak as needed on the physical articulator. I think one day we will make the jump and do fully modeless but I don't see it happening soon haha.