Open Articulation w/ ASIGA printed models (3Shape)

T

TANYARAMIREZCDT

Reaction score
Scanner: E3
Software: 3Shape v.2018
Printer: ASIGA Max
Resin: ASIGA DentalModel

Details:
I'm printing full/quad arches (with stops) and the occlusion is off. It looks like an even amount of open occlusal space (about 1-1.5 mm) even though its correctly articulated in Model Builder. It's almost as if I intended to open the VDO. I end up having to knock the stops off and hand-articulating, but this is counter-productive and I'm sure its a few simple clicks of a button that can solve the issue. Is anyone else having this issue? Need some help!

Tanya

[mod edit: Below is a merged post on same issue]

The exact issue:
I'm printing full/quad arches (with stops) and the occlusion is off. It looks like an even amount of open occlusal space (about 1-1.5mm) even though its correctly articulated in Model Builder. I end up having to knock the stops off and hand-articulating, but this is counter-productive and I'm sure its a few simple clicks of a button that can solve the issue.

I'll definitely start a new thread, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Scanner: E3
Software: 3Shape v.2018
Printer: ASIGA Max
Resin: ASIGA DentalModel

Details:
I'm printing full/quad arches (with stops) and the occlusion is off. It looks like an even amount of open occlusal space (about 1-1.5 mm) even though its correctly articulated in Model Builder. It's almost as if I intended to open the VDO. I end up having to knock the stops off and hand-articulating, but this is counter-productive and I'm sure its a few simple clicks of a button that can solve the issue. Is anyone else having this issue? Need some help!

Tanya

[mod edit: Below is a merged post on same issue]

The exact issue:
I'm printing full/quad arches (with stops) and the occlusion is off. It looks like an even amount of open occlusal space (about 1-1.5mm) even though its correctly articulated in Model Builder. I end up having to knock the stops off and hand-articulating, but this is counter-productive and I'm sure its a few simple clicks of a button that can solve the issue.

I'll definitely start a new thread, thanks!
Thank you @TANYARAMIREZCDT

R

rookiee

Reaction score
You're occlusal pins are bent I would bet my money on...the front one...problem is that this "articulator" type sucks, pins are too thin...

Top Bottom