#22-#27 Press and Stain Emax

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
They called for an A1 shade. I pressed it in a A1 LT.
This was underpreped so I did not layer it but for the LT ingots they really could used a bit of incisal layering for character.
I think a bit of blue on the distals going down the D line angles and some trans on the incisal 1/4 with a bit of a more opaque incisal porc on the incisal edge would make a HUGE difference. But this came out acceptable, fair nothing outstanding, BUT, it is so fast to do press and stain.
Almost no finishing time is involved.

I have a similar case #22-27 that is going in the mouth next week but it is going to have a ptr made and has an upper denture. It is an A2 and I will press it in HT and probably stain only and see how it looks.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e1.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e2.jpg

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e3.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e4.jpg

They were still cleaning it up but they let me in for pics.
The best pics are taken at the 6 month recall appointment.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e5.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e6.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e7.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e1.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e2.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e3.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e4.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e5.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e6.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_e7.jpg

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thanks Al !
You just can't beat emax when its really thin.... Had these been pfm's, they would have been right nasty opaque looking ............

Really nice work........

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
We are really becoming fond of EMAX,

I see that your client has a soft touch or did not handle the perio prior to cementation :)

Did you see them bond this in? Did they isolate the field or did they roughen up the pt scaling the cement away?

On spec of blood in the bonding and wow nasty stuff can happen.

Nice contours on the crowns.

S

Scooter

Reaction score
Emax Anterior; why would they not have just cemented them. Then the bonding fears with blood are gone. Nice work al, I’ve not tried just staining but seeing this I definitely would not shy away in posterior. Did you see the case in June DLP that David Lesh did, Stained LTA-1?

Scott

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
John, I know he will never see this so I can say, this guy is a crappy Dr. He is in his mid 50s and he dosent wear loopes so he probably cant even see what he is doing. Both his sons are drs also and they produce ALOT of C@B.

Scott what you saw in DLP is exactly the way I do all my posteriors with the occlusal forms and all. Those were nice forms though does any body know what brand they are. I think Charles told me about some really nice ones but I forgot what they are.

I just bought Renferts anterior wax facing kit. It is nice. I used it on those 6 that I have in the oven now. They have 3 different shapes and 2 sizes of each shape and they have models for each size and shape to help choose the design of the anteriors you want. They have 2 sizes for lowers so 8different facing designs total.
They are flexable and easy to trim. I trimmed them up and spread them used their sticky rope wax to tack them on and arranged them like denture teeth then waxed the lingual and sealed the margins.
Wow it was fast and easy they even have some anatomy on them.
I sprued on the lingual just below the incisal edge so I dont have to recontour the incisal edges or get that little trans spot that the sprue leaves.
The kit cost around $230 I dont know how much refills are.
I also did a diag. wax up on 7-10 and it was much better than I could wax buy hand. I got Renferts matching tooth colored wax and their white wax to match for diag wax ups.

S

Scooter

Reaction score
I doubt David used forms, that’s just good old fashioned hand wax. Wax on Wax off! Renferts Wax forms ROCK! they make some diagnostics that your not fighting function fast.

Scott

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Nice job Al, I'm wondering why did you put all that red stain at the cervical........lol In addition, the last pic, was the doc testing incisal edge bite or was that how the patient actually bit down? Just curious is all..... Keep the pictures coming, I'm loving it!!!!!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I see panty-hose marks, no?

That's what I use to polish the wax.

(no I'm not talking about that, ya sick-o:D)

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I see panty-hose marks, no?

That's what I use to polish the wax.

(no I'm not talking about that, ya sick-o:D)

What a sick freak you are.

Si Senor, That is what I use panty-hose to smooth my wax.

Thats what you used to use to polish wax, dont you use your wax printer now for your wax ups?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, we print everything, but I still remember from back in the day :)........

NICE WORK AL!!!!

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Spruing

I noticed that you add the sprues to the lingual of your anterior waxups. That seems to be different than the instructions which indicate spruing to incisal edges. I like your way,any tips?

Also, what is the best way to sprue a posterior? I usually have a miss press when I press over zirconia( on the lingual).I would like to avoid 2 sprues which has been my only solution so far.

Thanks

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
I noticed that you add the sprues to the lingual of your anterior waxups. That seems to be different than the instructions which indicate spruing to incisal edges. I like your way,any tips?

Also, what is the best way to sprue a posterior? I usually have a miss press when I press over zirconia( on the lingual).I would like to avoid 2 sprues which has been my only solution so far.

Thanks

The only time I sprue on the lingual of anteriors is press and stain lowers where I dont want to recontour the incisal edges, especially with the hard core material.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ps1.jpg

Ouch a miss press on a zir frame. I dont do much zir so I dont know mabey you dont have enough wax thickness?
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ps1.jpg