12 e.max veneers ???

C

cooz

Reaction score
Hi,how can i make this case,is a mine friend,woman. I can use only stain? Which ingot? Thanks
DSC_0852.jpg

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
What shade are you expecting to achieve, final shade? Looks like B1 or bleached shade may work here, HO? or MO?

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Hi,how can i make this case,is a mine friend,woman. I can use only stain? Which ingot? Thanks

that will be an involved case. you have some major staining to cover up and this probably will be more apparent after the case is prepped. your going to have to press MO (Medium Opacity) or HO (High Opacity) ingots to cover the discoloration and staining and those substructures will have to be at least skimmed with some incisal and some internal colorization added. this will be a true smile makeover and careful planning will be necessary to ensure the case is successful. LT (Light Translucent) & HT (High Translucent) ingots will probably be to translucent for just a stained restoration. e.max will work great for the case, you just need to choose the correct ingot (MO or HO) and they will need to be layered.

C

cooz

Reaction score
Firstly thanks for all answers,i think i try to make a thin additional weener on a single tooth on MO without preparation,to see the result,the coverage. The final color B1 A1. Has anyone ever solved a similar case? Thanks

Sorry for my english

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Firstly thanks for all answers,i think i try to make a thin additional weener on a single tooth on MO without preparation,to see the result,the coverage. The final color B1 A1. Has anyone ever solved a similar case? Thanks

Sorry for my english

I would make 3 no prep trial chips in LT BL1, BL2 & BL3. The bleched LT ingots mask alot more than people think.

For this case I used LT BL3.

ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_lt.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_lta.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_lte.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ltb.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ltc.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ltd.jpg
ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_lt.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_lta.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_lte.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ltb.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ltc.jpg ai46.photobucket.com_albums_f116_CDLAB_ltd.jpg

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
Al can you make an e-book with all your case photos, tips and presentations that you have been kind enough to share. I think alot of us would buy one.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al can you make an e-book with all your case photos, tips and presentations that you have been kind enough to share. I think alot of us would buy one.

Ive only had my cam for a year and a half so I dont have alot of cases, but I love to document any larger cases I get.

Here is a difficult implant, venner, full crown case I waxed yesterday.
I cut it back this morning and will press it this afternoon.

Im pressing 8 & 9 in HOO, the laterals in LT and the rest in HT. I think that is the plan.
I think the case will come out OK but I dont know.

Its the album " 10 unit Emax Build".
Its my Facebook page. Its a great place to upload my pics fast and organize into albums. But I need to organize it a bit better.
And in case my computer crashes I still have everyting in order.

Ill be uploading the cutback pics this afternoon.

Welcome to Facebook

Last edited:
Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
You can link your face book pics to the site. I think that works, it might not if you have it private.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Al,

Normally when im working on a multi unit case with a mixtutre of underlying colours i tend to stick with the same opacity ingots to have a uniform opacity to work from. If i used a HO for the central implants then id also use a HO for at least the laterals also.

Mixing and matching opacaties would seem to be throwing more shade variables into the mix.Donno what u think on that?

Also ive only just started using the HO ingots as i never had access to HO with the CAD varient. Whats the thinnest these can go before they start loosing to much oppacity to be effective? .5 -.6?

thanks.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Al,

Normally when im working on a multi unit case with a mixtutre of underlying colours i tend to stick with the same opacity ingots to have a uniform opacity to work from. If i used a HO for the central implants then id also use a HO for at least the laterals also.

Mixing and matching opacaties would seem to be throwing more shade variables into the mix.Donno what u think on that?

Also ive only just started using the HO ingots as i never had access to HO with the CAD varient. Whats the thinnest these can go before they start loosing to much oppacity to be effective? .5 -.6?

thanks.

I think its around .6, I have the areas over the abutments .9. I used gold die spacer on 8 & 9 dies so Im going to reduce it slow and wet it to see how thin I dare to take them.
HOO is chaulk white and Im going to BL3, I dont want grey show through but I also dont want headlights.

A had a Dr I really respect suggest I make the centrals, (since they are so large and prominent),have a lower value and the lats have a higher value to take your attention away from the prominence of 8 & 9.

One lat is a full crown the other is a venner. HO on a veneer would be hideous. Thats why Im went with LT on both lats.

He also suggested I go with low value high croma on the cuspids.
So that would be low value centrals higher value on the lats and low value high croma on the cuspids back.

The challange is to get lower value on HO.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
How do I do that. No its not private.

Make the facebook picture the full size on your screen, then right click on the picture, copy the image location and put that link into the post here.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I think its around .6, I have the areas over the abutments .9. I used gold die spacer on 8 & 9 dies so Im going to reduce it slow and wet it to see how thin I dare to take them.
HOO is chaulk white and Im going to BL3, I dont want grey show through but I also dont want headlights.

A had a Dr I really respect suggest I make the centrals, (since they are so large and prominent),have a lower value and the lats have a higher value to take your attention away from the prominence of 8 & 9.

One lat is a full crown the other is a venner. HO on a veneer would be hideous. Thats why Im went with LT on both lats.

He also suggested I go with low value high croma on the cuspids.
So that would be low value centrals higher value on the lats and low value high croma on the cuspids back.

The challange is to get lower value on HO.

Al. I agree with the doc. "Trompe L'oeil" , tromp loy french foe fool the eye. That is exactly what will happen by devaluing the centrals and increasing the value of the laterals. Not only will the centrals look smaller the lower value will make it appear further back in the arrangement.