Printing Analog Ready 3D models

• Thread starter Johnathon Velasquez
  • Start date
J

Johnathon Velasquez

Reaction score
Ive recently purchased a 3d printer to print model and have had success printing restoration models via STL files from 3shape, Inlab Cerec, and Itero but can't figure out what is required or how to print implant analog ready 3d prints. I believe cerec InLab requires specific Tibase/Scan Body in order to use implant model builder and doctors have usually just sent STL file with implant company scan bodies. Does 3shape have a similar procedure or is more simple? Analogs seem easy to find but instructions on how to print the models step by step seem hard to find, id like to know what is required from me or the doctors scans to accomplish this from 3shape. what scans or extra supplies are needed? thank you

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Scan body and than select the proper implant in the order form. Order the analogs and the tibase.

Nothing is really different from what you described.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Ive recently purchased a 3d printer to print model and have had success printing restoration models via STL files from 3shape, Inlab Cerec, and Itero but can't figure out what is required or how to print implant analog ready 3d prints. I believe cerec InLab requires specific Tibase/Scan Body in order to use implant model builder and doctors have usually just sent STL file with implant company scan bodies. Does 3shape have a similar procedure or is more simple? Analogs seem easy to find but instructions on how to print the models step by step seem hard to find, id like to know what is required from me or the doctors scans to accomplish this from 3shape. what scans or extra supplies are needed? thank you
In my opinion, it is a mess...

So, first make sure you have the exact info on what scan body from what company was used! Then make sure you have that library for set scanbody downloaded. Every company, that sells implant parts, has a different library. Depending on your work, that library gets big pretty quick.
Then, when printing the models, you may find that your analogs fit rather loosely or too tight. You then need to adjust your settings to each of the different analogs to make sure they fit about right.

This PDF is from DESS. I recently had troubles finding the right numbers for a case with Dess scan bodies. Dess forwarded me this link with instructions. Maybe it helps you, too. I am not affiliated with DESS in any way, except, I buy parts from them, every so often:

But I am sure there are also YouTube videos out there, that will guide you through the process or colleagues that can explain it more eloquent.

Z

ztech

Reaction score
This is something that isn't provided to new technicians or new to digital technicians. As Contraluz says, you have to have the Digital Analog that matches the scan body that was used. Then you have to have the library from that manufacturer for your system, 3shape or Exocad. If you want to use the manufacturer of the scan body for your ti-base, your workflow goes quickly because you can design the restoration and then the model at the same time. Mill one and print he other and the restoration is done. In my case, I prefer to use DESS for most implant digital restorations because I think the system is better designed than the other systems. I had clients using all sorts of scan bodies from a variety of manufacturers and even milling centers (Atlantis). This caused a huge headache of either finding the library and analog or sending the case to them for model and abutment fabrication. I have actively encouraged my accounts to switch to the DESS analogs when possible. I usually purchase a set of scan bodies for implant systems they use and sit with their staff to explain the DESS nomenclature so they can easily get the right scan body and give me the correct information. I wish we had a universal system that would allow implants to be interchangeable from scan body to ti-base so we could choose the analog an ti-base system that works for the lab. DESS has done some work in this area, Some of the Straumann scan body library is now available as a direct compatable to DESS.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
TRU abutment..
your Dr can also get a free set of scan bodies...
DIM analogs fit, reasonably priced, and most/ all systems you need are available.

you can also trade in Scanbodies.

manufacturing is top notch... im a huge fan of their tibases, non-engaging bases, non-engaging custom abutments, and angled solutions.
Cost is well inline

Top Bottom