Practical and Useful thoughts about our situation during this Pandemic

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I wish everyone well and only want to address concerns that are relevant. Jokes are a hoot but would like one thread to deal with our immediate and pertinent concerns. Recently I've heard of August end date???!!!
I am also aware this is certainly a possibility. Just Sucks... We need to be creative and God knows, as Dental Technicians, we can do so much more than most. We Know Aseptis Control, that's a given, but what if we go further, what if we can
stand out for once, beyond our previous state of being??? We can engage on multiple levels & doesn't have our collective know how. We can totally assist those who don't share the knowledge we have at our diposal. Please think about this... We Are Really Good Brains at this!!! WAR
Please enter your thoughts, sans comedy for a bit and see what we can actully come up with?

😉

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I wish everyone well and only want to address concerns that are relevant. Jokes are a hoot but would like one thread to deal with our immediate and pertinent concerns. Recently I've heard of August end date???!!!
I am also aware this is certainly a possibility. Just Sucks... We need to be creative and God knows, as Dental Technicians, we can do so much more than most. We Know Aseptis Control, that's a given, but what if we go further, what if we can
stand out for once, beyond our previous state of being??? We can engage on multiple levels & doesn't have our collective know how. We can totally assist those who don't share the knowledge we have at our diposal. Please think about this... We Are Really Good Brains at this!!! WAR
Please enter your thoughts, sans comedy for a bit and see what we can actully come up with?

😉
*For those that don't *

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
I have no evidence beyond what is commen but really would like plans of attack for us, Near Future 🙂

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Food is medicine. Eat salads, cabbage, raw foods. Oregano oil. Vitamin C. Minerals. Thats all I got, its just a virus.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
*For those that don't *
I have posted many notes regarding the virus in the other thread. In fact we were on the same course given by Dean Swift. He also injected humour into this very dry topic.
Jokes, sarcasm and other distractions are human nature and very relevant in times of crisis.

Laughter is the best medicine and gives you strength and courage to face any situation regardless of whether it is real or perceived.It is a natural defense mechanism.
It is the humourless that fail in times of trouble and I have no time for weakness.

Back to what we can do, rather than what we should do.
I carry extra gloves in my coat pocket. When I see a cashier without gloves, I subtly inform them about the need for a barrier.
Cashiers are told to use Purel after each customer encounter. Their hands are raw and very susceptable to cuts.Paper cuts from handling money.
Cuts are an entry way for any virus . Once they understand the concept of a barrier, they feel a little less vulnerable. Especially since their managers have no frigging clue what to do. Most are minimum wage and are very afraid right now. Injecting a little humour goes a long way towards surviving the day with all those idiots that pass through.

My son is a cashier and has had it tough lately. People are not in a very good mood so yes, let's offer some support to those who can use it right now.
But keep in mind that our greatest asset and skill is making smiles and now is no time to stop .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Food is medicine. Eat salads, cabbage, raw foods. Oregano oil. Vitamin C. Minerals. Thats all I got, its just a virus.
Don't forget about Brussel Sprouts. That seems to be what the adults are concerned about.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Polio got its ass kicked.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Good health is not a human guarantee. We all die.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
As is hit by a car, plane crash, etc.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
I would like to know what owners are doing out there. Our employees will collect unemployment insurance from the government whereas we cannot. The expenses of the lab keep running on: rent, leases for equipment, bank loans, property taxes, hydro, heat etc. How are we expected to pay for this for the long term. We might have a small war chest, but that will shortly run out. May our employees stay safe and healthy and hopefully they have a lab to come back to in a couple of months.

Stay safe everyone and hope to see you on the other side of this pandemic.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I would like to know what owners are doing out there. Our employees will collect unemployment insurance from the government whereas we cannot. The expenses of the lab keep running on: rent, leases for equipment, bank loans, property taxes, hydro, heat etc. How are we expected to pay for this for the long term. We might have a small war chest, but that will shortly run out. May our employees stay safe and healthy and hopefully they have a lab to come back to in a couple of months.

Stay safe everyone and hope to see you on the other side of this pandemic.
I don't have any insurance for pandemics. Only physical damage so unless there's an earthquake I'm on my own.
There may be provincial or federal help but I won't hold my breath. No one one knows until we see a downturn in CV cases.
At this point we are probably taking our summer holidays early.

Top Bottom