In this corner ....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
...we have Align the Crooked

I am writing to provide you with an update on the patent infringement litigation that Align Technology recently initiated against 3Shape and its impact on you as an Invisalign® provider who submits Invisalign cases digitally using a TRIOS intraoral scanner.

On November 14, 2017, Align Technology filed six patent infringement lawsuits asserting that 3Shape’s TRIOS intraoral scanning system and Dental System software infringe Align patents. Due to 3Shape’s infringing conduct and the resulting litigation, we terminated our Invisalign interoperability contract with 3Shape and will no longer be able to accept digital scans for Invisalign treatment and/or retention cases from TRIOS scanners in the United States effective January 17, 2018. Your Invisalign sales representative will contact you shortly to answer any questions you have and to make sure you understand the options you have as a result of this change.

We understand that the termination of interoperability and discontinuance of accepting digital scans for Invisalign treatment and/or retention cases through TRIOS scanners will inconvenience you and your practice. This is not what we want, and we wish it could have been avoided. Our hope is that the offers outlined below will help minimize this disruption and allow your practice to maintain the same level of productivity and efficiency as in the past.

We think it is important to remember that Align has always been at the forefront of innovation and committed to delivering technology that improves patient outcomes, benefits your practice, and helps you grow your business. With over 8 million* iTero scans worldwide, our patented technology enables dentists and orthodontists to enhance their patient care and improve clinical outcomes through preventative, restorative and orthodontic digital workflows. We believe the iTero Element® scanner has the most revolutionary technology that makes chairside consults more productive for both you and your patients, and we look forward to demonstrating the value of our end-to-end digital workflow.

In order to help mitigate any disruption to your practice, Align is offering eligible Invisalign practices the following two offers to consider. You can select the one that best fits your needs:
First, eligible¹ U.S. customers may purchase an iTero Element Scanner at the One-Time price of $14,999, which includes one-year subscription & services (list price $29,999) and a discount on Invisalign Full, Teen, and Assist PVS submitted cases through April 30, 2018.
Second, those eligible customers who chose not to purchase an iTero Element Scanner on the terms described above and who submitted at least one Invisalign Full, Teen, or Assist case using their TRIOS scanner on or after January 1, 2017 but before December 18, 2017 may elect to receive a discount on PVS submitted Invisalign clear aligner cases in 2018 through a PVS Offer. The details of this PVS Offer can be found on the Invisalign Doctor Site (IDS).
Please note that certain terms and conditions apply to each offer.

To take advantage of one of these offers or for more information, please log into your account on IDS and follow the instructions provided. You may also access our dedicated customer support line at 866-985-6310 or contact your Invisalign or iTero sales representative if you have questions.

Thank you for your patience and continued support as we work to safeguard our intellectual property and to ensure fair competition.

Sincerely,

Chris Puco
Vice President and Managing Director, North America
Align Technology, Inc.
*2010-YTD 2017 iTero scan data

...and in this corner Trios the Treasonous

25399038_1721677217853505_8486965208793391184_n.jpg

Meanwhile there is a ground swell of Trios dentists looking for a solution( labs?) to solve their aligner dilema.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Clear Correct takes stl files from IOS.
If I was an Invisalign customer who purchased a Trios I would be migrating to Clear Correct or using Maestro3d and a pressure former to make my own aligners.
Align hasn't been at the forefront of anything since their IOS came out years ago.......

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Imagine having the booth in between these 2 in Chacaga.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
So if I were to use ortho analyzer to manipulate and print a model, then press a tray, would that still be considered a patent infringement? Hmmmm2

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'd retain a lawyer if I were you.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
That would have to be a helluva lotta aligners to pay a lawyer. Maybe a patent lawyer to figure out a loophole.. Deal

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I know my license fees will buy the best Danish lawyer money can buy.

Lars Mason
th

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I tried to make a hawley once, I got bent out of shape. Seriously though, I tried making ortho appliances, I dont see how you make any money doin that.

Top Bottom