E.max Multi

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone out there is using Multi? I've been to a few study club meetings lately and almost every speaker doesn't have anything nice to say about zirconium at all. The thought is the younger generation is going to have to cut these off and if the crown can't break, then something else will and they were showing clinical evidence of this. With that in mind, I think it would be a good business choice to get in the e.max Multi game. So I'm curious, do you like it, specific press ovens (3010 or 5010?),cost of ingots and workflow similar to regular e.max?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
We've been curious as well, but haven't tried it yet. Following because I wanna hear what you guys have experienced so far with regards to translucency, shade gradient and strength.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Selling cutoff burrs is where the big bucks will be.

How is LD any less dangerous if it's bonded?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Selling cutoff burrs is where the big bucks will be.

How is LD any less dangerous if it's bonded?

New studies are showing that LD (Lithium Disilicate...i.e. e.max, LiSi) when cemented using a traditional RGMI (Resin Glass Modified Ionomer) luting cement showed more advantages than using bonding, even long term (which was the way I was taught, that it was better to bond them...not so now). Docs would rather cut off e.max than zirconium any day and twice on Sunday. Sooo...with that in mind, I'm seeing some of my clients go back to lithium dislicates, especially for premolars and anteriors. Also, the remake studies are showing less than 1% remake factor...some of these studies are very large with a ton of data.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone out there is using Multi? I've been to a few study club meetings lately and almost every speaker doesn't have anything nice to say about zirconium at all. The thought is the younger generation is going to have to cut these off and if the crown can't break, then something else will and they were showing clinical evidence of this. With that in mind, I think it would be a good business choice to get in the e.max Multi game. So I'm curious, do you like it, specific press ovens (3010 or 5010?),cost of ingots and workflow similar to regular e.max?
if they are worried about having to cut these things off, maybe they should be more pissed that the teachings arent for better preparations and impressions. when done properly, there shouldnt be reason to worry about cutting off tons of these.
also, this is the same group that said the exact same thing about cutting off emax when it came to town replacing tons of PFM work. these are the same groups putting loads of non-precious PFM work in the mouth too. :rolleyes:

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
I think it would be a good business choice to get in the e.max Multi game.
I have been using e.max since 2005 and Multi since it came on the market. As a matter of fact, pretty all our e.max restorations are done in Multi. If you follow the rules, e.max holds up! I don't go thinner than 0.8mm for example and I do only facial cut-back, if I layer. It is a bit more expensive and work intensive, though. Feel free to contact me any time if you want more details.
so far with regards to translucency, shade gradient and strength.
Ivoclar recommends bonding them. I would definitely follow these rules to get all the strength. There are many studies backing this up.
The thought is the younger generation is going to have to cut these off and if the crown can't break, then something else will and they were showing clinical evidence of this.
I hear that too, and for the same reason, I still do PFMs... Afraid

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
There goes my $99 crown market :(

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
man i sound like a grumpy old guy. maybe i am. lol
all ceramics are way up lately. but then again, so is zirconia

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
New studies are showing that LD (Lithium Disilicate...i.e. e.max, LiSi) when cemented using a traditional RGMI (Resin Glass Modified Ionomer) luting cement showed more advantages than using bonding, even long term (which was the way I was taught, that it was better to bond them...not so now)
:eek: Well, I guess I have to rethink what I just said... ;-)

M

mmbh

Reaction score
New studies are showing that LD (Lithium Disilicate...i.e. e.max, LiSi) when cemented using a traditional RGMI (Resin Glass Modified Ionomer) luting cement showed more advantages than using bonding, even long term (which was the way I was taught, that it was better to bond them...not so now). Docs would rather cut off e.max than zirconium any day and twice on Sunday. Sooo...with that in mind, I'm seeing some of my clients go back to lithium dislicates, especially for premolars and anteriors. Also, the remake studies are showing less than 1% remake factor...some of these studies are very large with a ton of data.
One of our accounts told me the other day he only cements emax. Never tried the multi emax but we still do a lot of emax HT. I was expecting the anterior zirconia to replace some of that but it has not.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Public health officials for years have urged Americans to limit consumption of red meat and processed meats because of concerns that these foods are linked to heart disease, cancer and other ills.

But on Monday, in a remarkable turnabout, an international collaboration of researchers produced a series of analyses concluding that the advice, a bedrock of almost all dietary guidelines, is not backed by good scientific evidence.

If there are health benefits from eating less beef and pork, they are small, the researchers concluded. Indeed, the advantages are so faint that they can be discerned only when looking at large populations, the scientists said, and are not sufficient to tell individuals to change their meat-eating habits.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
For the younger Drs just coming out of school with all their expenses $$, the price of FCZ could be to hard for them to resist.

In a CRA and Rella study, they found that Bruxzir wears and isn't damaging the opposing. Who knows if that is partly funding bias,
but they did show some of the crowns in mouth results, the wear facets on Bruxzir crowns.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Public health officials for years have urged Americans to limit consumption of red meat and processed meats because of concerns that these foods are linked to heart disease, cancer and other ills.

But on Monday, in a remarkable turnabout, an international collaboration of researchers produced a series of analyses concluding that the advice, a bedrock of almost all dietary guidelines, is not backed by good scientific evidence.

If there are health benefits from eating less beef and pork, they are small, the researchers concluded. Indeed, the advantages are so faint that they can be discerned only when looking at large populations, the scientists said, and are not sufficient to tell individuals to change their meat-eating habits.
the science was settled. cmon now! it was a consensus!!!

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
One day coffee is good for you, the next day it's not. Now it's good for you again :banghead:

D

Dentalmike

Reaction score
Mostly use multi.the lighter shades. Wish they would expand bleach offering. Nothing inbetween A1 and BL2. Don’t think they ever will. It is more time consuming with spruing and removal, especially with veneers. Would suggest use regular investment molds. I also use full-size premade plungers. Cut premade wax sprue in half to use and place to you’re liking for blend of Trans that you want. Don’t use shofu ceravety investment. On posterior full contour you will see a grey stripe on lingual like the bullseye effect. This can’t be avoided because of sprue requirements. I spru mesial so stripe shows distal lingual. Sometimes more apparent than others.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I've been asking for emax multiCAD blocks for years. Falling on deaf ears.