Three e.max questions

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Looks like Mom had a Tetracycline IV...HA!!!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
now tell me they want no prep veneers on it :)

Just finished a case with front four upper ants. emax shells were less than .1, pretty much completely see through.

Now im remaking one central as me btother broke it when fitting :rolleyes:

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Nope, full contour Emax but guess the shade...........BL-1!!!! Lol

P

paulg100

Reaction score
well im guessing your layering the labial if your doing the anteriors as unless youve got like 2mm of labial space ill be amazed if you can reach BL1 with LT's.

for a BL1 from that Id go MO0 on that with buccual layering.

let us know how you get on ;)

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I'd probably go HO and stain the core with some minimal layering.

GAP

GAP

Reaction score
1)
2) Someone in the last couple weeks had mentioned about pressing parameters, that the ingots value would be changed if you press at the lowest temp to get a complete pressing vs. going a few degrees higher. Any truth to that?
Im pressing with great results, but am doing a crown over a skinny implant abutment and dont want to risk snapping it off during the press, so I raised the temp a few degrees thinking the 'goo' will flow into the ring easier.
?

I learned to press using an ep500 and they always ran hot (about 10˚C according to my ivoclar rep). Plus, it was in a school so the profs probably increased the temp even more so students wouldn't get incomplete pressing and the school wouldn't waste material. I must have pressed at least 100 rings in that furnace and never had trouble hitting shades. And, the ceramic flows a lot better at higher temps. I could spru anyway I wanted with the 500 and it would always come out. It was a rude awakening when I started pressing with my 5000.

C

Crownu2

Reaction score
"It was a rude awakening when I started pressing with my 5000."?

Y is that GAP?

K

Kurt Zubler

Reaction score
I learned to press using an ep500 and they always ran hot (about 10˚C according to my ivoclar rep). Plus, it was in a school so the profs probably increased the temp even more so students wouldn't get incomplete pressing and the school wouldn't waste material. I must have pressed at least 100 rings in that furnace and never had trouble hitting shades. And, the ceramic flows a lot better at higher temps. I could spru anyway I wanted with the 500 and it would always come out. It was a rude awakening when I started pressing with my 5000.

I totally agree

The result you got was not what you expected. But so many parameters are
important to get the best possible result.

If you send me a picture and pressing parameters, ingot type and the press time only ( just time the plunger comes down and presses) -I can help you.

The EP5000 is a very good oven and you will get the results you expected when you work arround with the pressing datas (even burnout is important) and maybe investment too.

edited

Last edited by a moderator:
user name

user name

Reaction score
Hi Kurt. It has been mentioned in another thread on here that pressing temp will not only affect the reaction layer, but will also cause a slight change in shade. Is that true? I love my Zubler, and my pressings come out beautifully with very little reaction layer, but they tend towards low value. Can I make any adjustments that would leave my LT ingots a little brighter?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
To test fluorescence of material, buy a handheld black light(best at Halloween at the party store). cost about 10 bucks. We used to love hiding in a dark closet looking at our stains and mixed porcelains to see what material has the most fluorescence. It glows nicely with use of the black light. It is a real eye opener causing many uuuhhhhs and ahhhhs.