printed denture

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i'm digital. a digital tech. ive always been that.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
what if i told you i could give you a machine that will be your entire lab, from scan to polish including firing in an oven all C+B, the ability to process dentures with a built in titanium frame, all forms of removables including precision attachments and bars and fully edent, all repairs and relines and adding teeth, and the capacity to process several cases at once, for a fee roughly 400k USD?

360fx360f.png ---> Smokin---> Vollkommenauf

G

grantoz

Reaction score
i have no doubt that you can print dentures that are accurate but the big problem is the material you print the teeth out with, as printing has a lot of lines not matter what microns you are printing at. so to finish the job you are going to have to fill or polish this out.nothing i havent seen anything printed that has the same density as denture teeth or milled pmma. its like the guys who say you can print a gun there is no way i want to be around when someone decides to give it a test fire the thing is very likely going to blow up .

Bryce Hiller

Bryce Hiller

Reaction score
Dentures are a different animal than c$b, in the past fixed techs looked down on us lowly denture people. You can force a single tooth crown on and make it "work", a denture is much more, we deal with the whole mouth and then there's the psychology part of wearing dentures. You can't put all of this in a machine . The best these will ever be is a great tool for denture mills. You c$b people would never understand.
Elon Musk just launched a Tesla on a re-usable rocket to Mars. I think we can figure this one out, guys.

Wade Bognuda

Wade Bognuda

Reaction score
Seems to me that the pro digital denture opinions on this thread are of those that who have never made a denture and really don't want to, like Lee Culp. This technology has a LONG way to go. For all the Beta testers out there, what a great way for manufacturers to save a lot of money. Why pay for the testing when they can get it done for free in the field!!

X

XxJamesAxX

Reaction score
Seems to me that the pro digital denture opinions on this thread are of those that who have never made a denture and really don't want to, like Lee Culp. This technology has a LONG way to go. For all the Beta testers out there, what a great way for manufacturers to save a lot of money. Why pay for the testing when they can get it done for free in the field!!

Not completely accurate, I’ve literally been part of making 35k plus dentures in the last 16 years. My lab made 4400 dentures or partials last year with me being a owner/operator that is still in the production role everyday.

I don’t believe digital is going to push every small lab out of business, if you are a one man shop and focus on the strengths and positives of being a one man shop you will always be able to make a nice living in this trade doing things traditionally. IMO...

But I don’t want to be a one man shop, I don’t like the idea of the work stopping when my hands stop, I don’t like the idea if I go out for a few
weeks or couple months my business may close because there is no one there to do the work and the doctors are forced to send elsewhere. Therefore I chose to grow beyond just myself. Now with that being said I’m always looking for ways to make things as consistent and productive as possible and I’m not saying digital is 100% refined yet but it’s coming guys and gals. You don’t have to be a part of it but at the same time your not gonna stop it.

And all the things that you think digital will do to our industry is going to happen rather you join it or not. Not gonna change that either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I don't think digital would affect what I do, I think it will be used in large denture operations , especially the one day dentures where techs are paid low wages anyway. I don't feel threatened by it. That said, I'm silently hoping it does work out in the future , especially digital models.

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
I don't think digital would affect what I do, I think it will be used in large denture operations , especially the one day dentures where techs are paid low wages anyway. I don't feel threatened by it. That said, I'm silently hoping it does work out in the future , especially digital models.
Question on digital models. Would you process traditionally on a milled model? Would it bond with acrylic or use a lot of separator?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Question on digital models. Would you process traditionally on a milled model? Would it bond with acrylic or use a lot of separator?

No clue, I want digital models that go from dentist to me that squirt out stone in an accurate replica of the arch:artist.png:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I print the models and dupe them. I prefer to use silicone.
Now I can wax up the denture anyway I like ,digital or analog. I prefer analog since I love working with Vita Physiodens.
Since I do mostly partials, I have a pour system , flexibles, thermoforming,Or I will have my buddy's lab process it.

I think my next investment will be a printer. Printing a base is really all I need it to do to make a great denture.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
th

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
what if i told you i could give you a machine that will be your entire lab, from scan to polish including firing in an oven all C+B, the ability to process dentures with a built in titanium frame, all forms of removables including precision attachments and bars and fully edent, all repairs and relines and adding teeth, and the capacity to process several cases at once, for a fee roughly 400k USD?

how much is your lab worth? if its more than this number, you may have a solid license to continue making money. if not, you might find yourself falling behind.

that is to say, if we wanted to sell it to americans. :)
I would say I already have the ability to fabricate with my own two hands and it didn' cost 400grand (like that' some paltry sum)

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

Acrylic will bond.
When we get one in we dupe it and pour a stone cast

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
too funny :cool:
What's funny is the c&b lab that sends these to us losing the ability to build analog or perform basic QC or troubleshooting.
Pricing isn't the only race to the bottom engendered by this.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That's because they aren't a bunch of bitter old coots who spent their weekends packing flasks in someone's basement.