rkm rdt

Reaction score
thanks

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Elon Musk just launched a Tesla on a re-usable rocket to Mars. I think we can figure this one out, guys.
As opposed to launching a rocket with optical parts arranged to 10s of microns of tolerance. Yeap, great leap forward.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I don't work out of the basement-its where I keep the bodies
Waterloo dentures?

Edit:
Sister's bumper sticker:
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move the bodies.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
i beg to differ. it is entirely possible to scan the bone, soft tissue, and face, and get the correct RESTING bite in a fully edentulous patient, and its among our numerous patents (now you know why you don't see it out there)

making the software correctly animate that bite into patient-specific movements is proving to be a quick hurdle. precision manufactured removables that dont need relining on the first day is quickly becoming a thing.

the obstacle now is overcoming the terrible lifespan of the prosthetic using newer materials and moving out of acrylics. our time to market is approaching quickly and i eagerly await the angry feedback i'm about to get of people in utter denial.
Can't say you didn't warn them.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
1% of traditional dentures last year were digitally fabricated.
Nobody is losing any denture business to digital.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You scare easily then.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
No clue, I want digital models that go from dentist to me that squirt out stone in an accurate replica of the arch:artist.png:

print a model and then duplicate it....too funny
I think that someone is really soon going to figure out a reliable method to print or mill the negative in a soft material with the next stop on the assembly line being a stone spout like a miniature cement mixer. Scan to stone model without hands until the negative is removed from the dry model.

Edit: the real trick is getting accurate full arch scans without going to cbct

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I think that someone is really soon going to figure out a reliable method to print or mill the negative in a soft material with the next stop on the assembly line being a stone spout like a miniature cement mixer. Scan to stone model without hands until the negative is removed from the dry model.

Edit: the real trick is getting accurate full arch scans without going to cbct

I think your idea would be an easy sell for me.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I think your idea would be an easy sell for me.
If only I were smart enough to do something with it myself. It sounds so stupid simple, just getting the process automated...

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
If only I were smart enough to do something with it myself. It sounds so stupid simple, just getting the process automated...

I would think there would be two spouts. One for pre-measured stone and one for pre-measured water. the mixer not getting clogged would be the hardest part. Hmmmm scan to hydro-colloid squirter to form mold , to stone squirter ...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
stone squirter ?

sounds like a Mick Jagger groupie.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I would think there would be two spouts. One for pre-measured stone and one for pre-measured water. the mixer not getting clogged would be the hardest part. Hmmmm scan to hydro-colloid squirter to form mold , to stone squirter ...
I can't see hydrocoloid holding shape well enough, was thinking that too, but it's too loose usually to stay still and maintain the shape. The mixer would have to be a change out piece, the 'cappuccino' makers at the gas station are not gonna work. They mix the two components on a per dispense basis, and that's what clogs them. The powder dispensers are already a thing for us. Liquid dispensing to exact amounts has been around for ages in the IV field. Just getting all the pieces together with a mixer and a high power sprayer to clean out the mixer, blades and dispensing path.

Top Bottom