printed denture

G

Gohan alshreky

Reaction score
did anyone try to print denture base , is it good , can we have nice results ,did you advice any good printer in this field

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
did anyone try to print denture base , is it good , can we have nice results ,did you advice any good printer in this field
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

All the solutions I've seen, aside from Valplasts printing system, are for milling a puck of pink and attaching teeth later, or millimg wax and processing normally.

There may be a method for this out there too.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
3DSystems introduced the new Nextdent 5100 printer in Chicago last week. Part of the introduction was a nice 3D printed denture workflow:
  1. Print bases using Nextdent Denture 3+ resin (~30 mins)
  2. Print arches using Nextdent MFH resin.
  3. Wash parts with IPA.
  4. Put a drop of Denture 3+ resin in each tooth pocket
  5. Snap arch onto base (or place individual teeth if you prefer)
  6. Cure the assembly in the LC-3DPrint Box to cure for about 30 mins.
The printer will begin shipping this summer. Visit the Nextdent website for more info and updates.

PRO ARTS DL

PRO ARTS DL

Reaction score
3DSystems introduced the new Nextdent 5100 printer in Chicago last week. Part of the introduction was a nice 3D printed denture workflow:
  3. Wash parts with IPA.
The printer will begin shipping this summer. Visit the Nextdent website for more info and updates.

Uh...

Was the end result any good?

Their website seems to lack any useful information for something that is shipping so soon :confused:

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
Uh...

Their website seems to lack any useful information for something that is shipping so soon :confused:
There were samples in the booth and in the seminars. People seemed to like them and the MFH material was stainable so you could add characterization. The base material was available in different shades too.
The printer will begin shipping this summer so I am sure more info will come out over the next few months.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Uh...

far as i am aware, its supposed to finally be as strong as poured acrylic.

talk about scientific progress eh!

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score

All the solutions I've seen, aside from Valplasts printing system, are for milling a puck of pink and attaching teeth later, or millimg wax and processing normally.

Don't forget milled pmma trial>processed resin base w/ conventional teeth.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
far as i am aware, its supposed to finally be as strong as poured acrylic.

talk about scientific progress eh!
Those solutions are about labor, not quality. Unfortunately you still have to convince someone to buy during the not so terrific development phases....

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score

Milled wax base. I could be behind this 100 %.
I could see the dentist then doing a wash for a much tighter fit. Then process.
Do you have any information on the equipment for this, JMN?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Milled wax base. I could be behind this 100 %.
I could see the dentist then doing a wash for a much tighter fit. Then process.
Do you have any information on the equipment for this, JMN?

You should look into Kulzer's.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Here's what will happen, all of you guys will buy the digital denture machine at a really high cost, then once you work out the bugs and perfect, the price will drop. Next dentists will want to cut out the middle man and will buy a machine for their office,. The dentures they turn out will look like what you might expect and need to send out to the rest of us who saw all of this coming ;-p

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
Here's what will happen, all of you guys will buy the digital denture machine at a really high cost, then once you work out the bugs and perfect, the price will drop. Next dentists will want to cut out the middle man and will buy a machine for their office,. The dentures they turn out will look like what you might expect and need to send out to the rest of us who saw all of this coming ;-p
Your words are comforting.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Your words are comforting.

Well if you think it through, the only difference between digital dentures and the time tested way is price and quality. Handcrafted has the quality on it's side, then it's just a race to the bottom for price, in which I don't wish to participate in. That said, I've always been flexible and adjust if I need to, I just don't believe in being the first guinea pig at anything, that's for others.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
  3. Wash parts with IPA.

For $10,000 all you folks better get on the waiting list. I was invited to the unveiling party of this printer and
let me tell you this machine is BAD A55! Full denture printed in about an hour for $40!!!! Contact @Glenn Kennedy
before you're number 1,993 on the waiting list of 2,000 Bird

Last edited:
TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
What's the point? Invest in lacking technology to compete with less than 3% of the market?
Only 1% of the total denture market was digitally manufactured last year!
All to feel relevant.

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
What's the point? Invest in lacking technology to compete with less than 3% of the market?
Only 1% of the total denture market was digitally manufactured!
All to feel relevant.
I agree with TomZ and flipper (I know, flipper and I actually been agreeing a lot lately...she's come to the dark side fellas :p)
Seriously though, before all of you shell out 10K 20K 30K 40K 50K, do me a favor...ask one simple question for me. All those lecturers you seen promoting this equipment, that equipment for digital dentures....ask them how many of their digital dentures had to be relined right after delivery. If the truth is in them, and I already know this answer, they will tell you the truth. Do what you want, I actually hope the big boys shell out the bucks...heck, someone tell Jimmy to order a thousand of them for me. He will soon find out what TomZ and flipper are already trying to tell you.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you are shelling out for a printer,I'm sure you plan on printing more than just dentures.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I agree with TomZ and flipper (I know, flipper and I actually been agreeing a lot lately...she's come to the dark side fellas :p)
Seriously though, before all of you shell out 10K 20K 30K 40K 50K, do me a favor...ask one simple question for me. All those lecturers you seen promoting this equipment, that equipment for digital dentures....ask them how many of their digital dentures had to be relined right after delivery. If the truth is in them, and I already know this answer, they will tell you the truth. Do what you want, I actually hope the big boys shell out the bucks...heck, someone tell Jimmy to order a thousand of them for me. He will soon find out what TomZ and flipper are already trying to tell you.

Don't worry, when Trump gets impeached soon we will be back to fighting againHahaha

Top Bottom