CAD DIAGNOSTIC "WAX UP"

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
What CAD diagnostic methods are best?

I have been making diagnostic crowns based on a prepared preoperative model duplicate and designing against the original model.

Adigitalsmile

Adigitalsmile

Reaction score
What CAD diagnostic methods are best?

I have been making diagnostic crowns based on a prepared preoperative model duplicate and designing against the original model.
Are you milling the crowns out of a white wax and then super gluing to model? You can also set up as temporary Pontics and have software extract and design then print model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Are you milling the crowns out of a white wax and then super gluing to model? You can also set up as temporary Pontics and have software extract and design then print model.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
White Wax-Glue

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Hands down Tabletop. Super easy to design, but you have to do it over the non prepped model, you can also manually prepreporatipn the model and still do tabletops for beter wax up result.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Ken, scan the model and design the case as a wax. then append the design to the case and generate a model to print.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We do that with the tabletops, cause temps and temp pontics do not remove the scan when appending. Table tops work wonders once appended we send it off to the forms 2 printer for printed casts.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
What the heck are table tops?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lol tabletop are in 3shape. Where you set your insertion path first then place the tooth in position, now where ever the tooth lands on the. Model is where the margin will be generated. You can then modify the margin. Afterwards it is the die spacer the sculpt and finish. Ment for snap on smiles, onlays to bond to no prep teeth if you gonna open the vertical and what ever else you want to use it for.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Lol tabletop are in 3shape. Where you set your insertion path first then place the tooth in position, now where ever the tooth lands on the. Model is where the margin will be generated. You can then modify the margin. Afterwards it is the die spacer the sculpt and finish. Ment for snap on smiles, onlays to bond to no prep teeth if you gonna open the vertical and what ever else you want to use it for.

What's the ExoCad equivalent?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We had some difficulty getting it to port into Exocad Model maker - all the scenes create a strange overlap and it's not as finessed. We like 3Shape even if it's a bit more difficult to learn.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score

I'm still rockin 2014. Is it in that software or just the newer stuff?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I'm still rockin 2014. Is it in that software or just the newer stuff?
Sorry but no. Only on 2015 plus. I'm beta testing 2017 pretty sold and 2016.4 is solid. Why not upgrade? But a secondary pc and put 2016.4 in that and play with it.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Sorry but no. Only on 2015 plus. I'm beta testing 2017 pretty sold and 2016.4 is solid. Why not upgrade? But a secondary pc and put 2016.4 in that and play with it.

I just didn't want to find a new design workflow when 2015 or maybe it was 2016 came out. I hated it! I need to do that, time to catch up.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I just didn't want to find a new design workflow when 2015 or maybe it was 2016 came out. I hated it! I need to do that, time to catch up.
Ice age, continental drift. Lol

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
What's the ExoCad equivalent?

make veneers set min thickness near zero see pic but they are 0.5 to be milled thats why form is sometimes difficult than print done

Attachments

• 2017-04-18_00002-001_DentalCadScreenshot.png
    2017-04-18_00002-001_DentalCadScreenshot.png
    222.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 2017-04-18_00002-001_DentalCadScreenshot2.png
    2017-04-18_00002-001_DentalCadScreenshot2.png
    230.4 KB · Views: 32
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We had some difficulty getting it to port into Exocad Model maker - all the scenes create a strange overlap and it's not as finessed. We like 3Shape even if it's a bit more difficult to learn.
If you edit the overlapping shells even if it leaves holes in the mesh, Model Creator will put the two meshes together and close any holes in most cases.

Preop1.png

saved edited model.png

Model Creator.png
Ready for printing

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
thanks @2thm8kr we know how to do it, it just isn't always reliable when it comes to implants and other stuff. The diagnostic portion is about as good as the intraoral scan quality.

@RileyS definitely start looking at 2016 versions - too much has been improved to justify staying on 2.9.9.5

Top Bottom