Anyone have photos comparing glazed crowns with Lustre Paste glazed crowns

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Go through all that trouble spruing it up correctly just to cut back and layer? I'll jut press an MO or LT ingot. Or better yet a Zubler concept ingot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

user name

user name

Reaction score
Go through all that trouble spruing it up correctly just to cut back and layer? I'll jut press an MO or LT ingot. Or better yet a Zubler concept ingot.

Zubler Concept? Did I miss something?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I completed a 6 unit maxillary anterior before I left for my Dawson course. The doc was calling my cellphone and texting photos. The stuff is awesome!

user name

user name

Reaction score
WTF. Spill the beans for me please....I new they were waiting for some FDA thingy, but I thought Id be in on the email blast.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
WTF. Spill the beans for me please....I new they were waiting for some FDA thingy, but I thought Id be in on the email blast.
Its FDA approved and wide open. You have to try it. Lithium Disilicate. The vitality is unbelievable.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
ZERO, grey spots at sprue to surface connection. ZERO intermittent translucent vertices lines. Complete uniformity of color throughout the restoration, regardless of thickened. ZERO reaction layer. I'll have to go on about it more later. Time to take the wife to dinner;) I haven't mentioned a thing about the esthetics yet. Phenomenal

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Wild that you have to layer the multi ingot.

Ordinarily I wouldn't, but its nice to have in your tool kit when the need arises....

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Really is stunning. Two bakes is okay. About how long to apply the lustre paste?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Love those handles Al......not your love handles :D

user name

user name

Reaction score
Its FDA approved and wide open. You have to try it. Lithium Disilicate. The vitality is unbelievable.

How did you get your hands on it?

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Fantastic Al,
What instrument do you use for the pit staining and crack lines?

L

labtek

Reaction score
I completed a 6 unit maxillary anterior before I left for my Dawson course. The doc was calling my cellphone and texting photos. The stuff is awesome!

can you share the photos the dr texted you? I would love to see some awesome stuff

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
The last I heard about them, they closed after Pat Claypool passed away from lung cancer. It had just been Rick, Joan and Pat for a while.
Doris,
Sorry to hear of Pat's passing ,but he was the one I spoke about above, all up in my business, and Rick was the one that was beside me at that lab 60K for six units of porcelain a day. Oh well, Water under the bridge. They sued the lab, and got mucho bucks for working overtime without pay. Even on Pc. work.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Brad Jones' course (@ Bayview) was pretty good. He had some interesting techniques layering eMax Multi, coontouring and surface texturing. I hadn't been to a ceramics course in 5-6 years, so i don't know if his stuff is new, or just new to me...

I haven't been to a course in a long time.... that's part of my problem too. Where is Brad from? Why would you want to layer emax Multi too? Drops the strength down to what 90 to 110 Mpa?
Did you go with 3 shape or Exocad in your lab?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Lustre past is simply GC glaze with stain added, with the price jacked
use FLO and mix stain into it
if glazing zir, run it on the Noritake air glaze program... comes out spankey every time

I will bet you my whole set of GC stains that lustre paste is NOT the same as GC glaze. I was told when they first came out that what made them different is a smaller particle low fusing porcelain that is in it.. its not just thick glaze. I can mix ZR glaze as thick as I can, and it still does not glaze nearly as thick as INsync or lustre pastes..

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I haven't been to a course in a long time.... that's part of my problem too. Where is Brad from? Why would you want to layer emax Multi too? Drops the strength down to what 90 to 110 Mpa?
Did you go with 3 shape or Exocad in your lab?
Brad is from Utah. He has a technique for laying in effects while leaving the lingual surface and incisal edge intact, so the strength is theoretically "undiminished".

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I thought brad jones was in idaho? did he move?

Top Bottom