Anyone have photos comparing glazed crowns with Lustre Paste glazed crowns

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Randy,
Why not make a great model or two with some "wow" crowns? Drop one off at the local offices, come back in a week and drop another off.. I think docs are numb to sales calls - they want something to see for themselves.

I agree with you Fox, they do need something to hold, put in their hand, and stare at. I've done that for Docs in the past. I've had some say, "my hygienist wants two front veneers done, will you do them for free?" That's a slippery slope, because you know anyone with dental experience is always going to find something wrong, and it could be a nightmare, besides a money loser."
I have a saying........... think I might need to lose it though..... LOL .... "I'll work with a crappy dentist and a picky dentist, but not a crappy, picky dentist." With that said, I had to let go of a dentist who just couldn't prep teeth worth a crap! Margins looked like an alligator's mouth...^<>^^...no line! Pictures????? useless! But when I tried to educate her.......... her ego wouldn't allow it. Found out her office manager was inserting crowns, drilling through them, breaking the contacts on some. Her Office manager doing dentistry?
She did a ton of work per month, but the attitude and stress???? not worth it to me. She has a horrible reputation about paying too. So........... some will, some won't , so what..... next.

I'm going to devote a chapter of my book to her. The book is titled.... "Free your mind, and your A$$ will follow."
I hope it makes me rich, because I missed the big Powerball Lottery by SIX numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Just jabbing at you Randy ;) - Jeff Saylors. We met a long time ago. I was at Bayview last week for a course. Hadn't talk to Buddy in 30 years. It was interesting...
Jeff.......... interesting.???? how so?

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I agree with you Fox, they do need something to hold, put in their hand, and stare at. I've done that for Docs in the past. I've had some say, "my hygienist wants two front veneers done, will you do them for free?" That's a slippery slope, because you know anyone with dental experience is always going to find something wrong, and it could be a nightmare, besides a money loser."
I have a saying........... think I might need to lose it though..... LOL .... "I'll work with a crappy dentist and a picky dentist, but not a crappy, picky dentist." With that said, I had to let go of a dentist who just couldn't prep teeth worth a crap! Margins looked like an alligator's mouth...^<>^^...no line! Pictures????? useless! But when I tried to educate her.......... her ego wouldn't allow it. Found out her office manager was inserting crowns, drilling through them, breaking the contacts on some. Her Office manager doing dentistry?
She did a ton of work per month, but the attitude and stress???? not worth it to me. She has a horrible reputation about paying too. So........... some will, some won't , so what..... next.

I'm going to devote a chapter of my book to her. The book is titled.... "Free your mind, and your A$$ will follow."
I hope it makes me rich, because I missed the big Powerball Lottery by SIX numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could write a whole book on the lab that you and I used to work at years ago!!

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
It just wasn't what I was expecting after listening to the hype for so many years...
Doris,

Bless your heart! I hardly got a chance to know you a LaBone! I hope you are well. That place was not for me! Claude and and Bill's daughter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nuff said.

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
It just wasn't what I was expecting after listening to the hype for so many years...

Jeff,
My thoughts too, a glorified sweat shop. I worked pc. work as I stated above for 12 hrs a day. checking the metal , opaguing, build up, and cut in, have someone , we know who ,check it, and then stain and glaze. Certain number of units per day, depending on how that person felt about you. One day, your'e on the A team, next, down to the Z team. Make a guy paranoid...... who said that?????
Then they bring in this other guy, I wont mention him here, but he's gets sixty grand a yr. to do six units a day. WTF? Not exactly fair would you say. And benefits, which I didn't get.

The straw that broke my back and the owner's, was another tech ws listening to his headphones and working. Nothing was said. He was a little over the top with his actions, but that was just him.
Next day, I'm listening to self development tape on my head set doing my pc. work. Now, I'm not bothering anyone, I'm having to get my units done, and I don't have any distractions. RS comes, over and says, "hey, big guy, turn that off until after work." Ok, heard it from the boss, no problem. done.
Found out, one guy who had been there since dirt, cried like a baby, and said, "if they're gonna listen to their music, I'm gonna listen to mine." Waaa Waaa, give me a freaking break and grow up. His name won't on my check, but he was the old guard. A recovering alcoholic too.
So, when he went to smoke a cigarette, I followed. Told him to stay the hell out of my business or I'd beat his a$$. Simple. He said, "I've got something in my car for you." Me.... "MFer, you won't make it TO your car." I wasn't bothering anyone in the morgue there, and getting my work done. Now I am 6'5" and at that time, in the gym at 275#!!! And this guy wants to tell me what I can and can't do. I saw him at a seminar in Maryland one time, and about took off running away! I laughed my butt off.
He told BS I threatened him and BS cut me loose.
Later , I found out that this same employee and the 60K/yr. guy sued the lab and won. About overtime pay!!!
I was pissed..... I had bought a condo, a boat, and a Corvette.... I was making bank, and I used some savings for the toys. Didn't matter to BS. What an arrogant MFer.
When you work there, they want you to think it's a privelage, an honor to be there. NOT.
When I went to a Dawson seminar, Pete stood me up and said " you guys should have lunch with this man." They didn't know me from Adam's house cat, but because I worked with BS, I was the man.
Politics.......... riding coat tails......... I don't do it......... maybe that's why I am where I am. Never learned to kiss butt or acclimate my nose to the smell.
What was your experience?
Did BS try to make you feel inferior? The funny thing is.... I've talked to a lot of Dentists here, and they've never heard of them.

Last edited:
Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Doris,

Bless your heart! I hardly got a chance to know you a LaBone! I hope you are well. That place was not for me! Claude and and Bill's daughter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nuff said.
I am doing great. My husband and I opened our own lab in 2011 and things couldn't be better! Our only regret is that we didn't do it sooner!

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
I am doing great. My husband and I opened our own lab in 2011 and things couldn't be better! Our only regret is that we didn't do it sooner!

That's great! Are you still in Va. Bch/Norfolk area?

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Jeff,
My thoughts too, a glorified sweat shop. I worked pc. work as I stated above for 12 hrs a day. checking the metal , opaguing, build up, and cut in, have someone , we know who ,check it, and then stain and glaze. Certain number of units per day, depending on how that person felt about you. One day, your'e on the A team, next, down to the Z team. Make a guy paranoid...... who said that?????
Then they bring in this other guy, I wont mention him here, but he's gets sixty grand a yr. to do six units a day. WTF? Not exactly fair would you say. And benefits, which I didn't get.

The straw that broke my back and the owner's, was another tech ws listening to his headphones and working. Nothing was said. He was a little over the top with his actions, but that was just him.
Next day, I'm listening to self development tape on my head set doing my pc. work. Now, I'm not bothering anyone, I'm having to get my units done, and I don't have any distractions. RS comes, over and says, "hey, big guy, turn that off until after work." Ok, heard it from the boss, no problem. done.
Found out, one guy who had been there since dirt, cried like a baby, and said, "if they're gonna listen to their music, I'm gonna listen to mine." Waaa Waaa, give me a freaking break and grow up. His name won't on my check, but he was the old guard. A recovering alcoholic too.
So, when he went to smoke a cigarette, I followed. Told him to stay the hell out of my business or I'd beat his a$$. Simple. He said, "I've got something in my car for you." Me.... "MFer, you won't make it TO your car." I wasn't bothering anyone in the morgue there, and getting my work done. Now I am 6'5" and at that time, in the gym at 275#!!! And this guy wants to tell me what I can and can't do. I saw him at a seminar in Maryland one time, and about took off running away! I laughed my butt off.
He told BS I threatened him and BS cut me loose.
Later , I found out that this same employee and the 60K/yr. guy sued the lab and won. About overtime pay!!!
I was pissed..... I had bought a condo, a boat, and a Corvette.... I was making bank, and I used some savings for the toys. Didn't matter to BS. What an arrogant MFer.
When you work there, they want you to think it's a privelage, an honor to be there. NOT.
When I went to a Dawson seminar, Pete stood me up and said " you guys should have lunch with this man." They didn't know me from Adam's house cat, but because I worked with BS, I was the man.
Politics.......... riding coat tails......... I don't do it......... maybe that's why I am where I am. Never learned to kiss butt or acclimate my nose to the smell.
What was your experience?
Did BS try to make you feel inferior? The funny thing is.... I've talked to a lot of Dentists here, and they've never heard of them.

Sorry to hear all that. Actually, Buddy and Rick were both very gracious. I expected a little condescension given my last meeting with Buddy, but there really was none of that. Maybe he's mellowed with age?

R

Randy Hill PhD

Reaction score
Sorry to hear all that. Actually, Buddy and Rick were both very gracious. I expected a little condescension given my last meeting with Buddy, but there really was none of that. Maybe he's mellowed with age?
I think we all do with age..... What is the best course you would suggest for anterior morphology/anatomy with porcelain?
I'm really enjoying Oliver Brix's new book

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I think we all do with age..... What is the best course you would suggest for anterior morphology/anatomy with porcelain?
Which book is that? I have his fundamentals of esthetics book.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
yeah, I remember that area. Is Weingardner still around. there?
The last I heard about them, they closed after Pat Claypool passed away from lung cancer. It had just been Rick, Joan and Pat for a while.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Brad Jones' course (@ Bayview) was pretty good. He had some interesting techniques layering eMax Multi, coontouring and surface texturing. I hadn't been to a ceramics course in 5-6 years, so i don't know if his stuff is new, or just new to me...

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Brad Jones' course (@ Bayview) was pretty good. He had some interesting techniques layering eMax Multi, coontouring and surface texturing. I hadn't been to a ceramics course in 5-6 years, so i don't know if his stuff is new, or just new to me...
Wild that you have to layer the multi ingot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom