Two hour denture! (with no notice)

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
So yesterday at work, the doctors promised a pt. dentures THAT DAY for a surprise funeral she had to attend. AFTER they told her all that, they came down to ask me if they could make it happen.

She was in for a wax try in F/F and they wanted to at least get her an upper denture for the funeral. SO! I'd like to show ya'll what I got for them. It's not great, but it went in with no adjustments and stayed there!

For my first REAL case working at the college, I was super pleased with myself :) If ya'll have any feedback, please let me know, I'd love to hear from you!

Here's my process......

IMG_3181.jpg IMG_3180.jpg IMG_3184.jpg IMG_3189.jpg IMG_3190.jpg IMG_3193.jpg IMG_3205 (1).jpg

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So yesterday at work, the doctors promised a pt. dentures THAT DAY for a surprise funeral she had to attend. AFTER they told her all that, they came down to ask me if they could make it happen.

She was in for a wax try in F/F and they wanted to at least get her an upper denture for the funeral. SO! I'd like to show ya'll what I got for them. It's not great, but it went in with no adjustments and stayed there!

For my first REAL case working at the college, I was super pleased with myself :) If ya'll have any feedback, please let me know, I'd love to hear from you!

Here's my process......

View attachment 39588 View attachment 39589 View attachment 39585 View attachment 39582 View attachment 39581 View attachment 39580 View attachment 39590
So you made them a cold cure duplicate denture for the emergency. And now you can go on and process the real one for delivery after the funeral. I like it! Great quick thinking!

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
So you made them a cold cure duplicate denture for the emergency. And now you can go on and process the real one for delivery after the funeral. I like it! Great quick thinking!
Cold cure is my best friend :)

If they only knew how often I use it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score

Here's my process......

View attachment 39588 View attachment 39589 View attachment 39585 View attachment 39582 View attachment 39581 View attachment 39580 View attachment 39590
My hand has looked like that thumb. Ouwwweeee!

Nice save!

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Very nice, I use the same technique years ago for duplicate dentures. I suspend the denture with white wax and fill flask half way up buccal with duplicoid. Then fill again after cooling for the palate side then paint in teeth, cut sprue resevoirs for pouring the pink and wahla. Very nice thinking on your feet!!!!
Beer

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Cold cure is my best friend :)

If they only knew how often I use it.
Eventually they will, cold cure has a tendency to turn brown over time.

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
Very nice, I use the same technique years ago for duplicate dentures. I suspend the denture with white wax and fill flask half way up buccal with duplicoid. Then fill again after cooling for the palate side then paint in teeth, cut sprue resevoirs for pouring the pink and wahla. Very nice thinking on your feet!!!!
Beer
I should've said that I looked everywhere and couldn't find any flasks to duplicate with!! This lab has like, three of everything expect what I really need.

J

jVerroche

Reaction score
@JenCow great thinking. This is one of those times where Hipa and the Dentsply pour flasks are great. Easy duplication and every lab has an obodent/agar mixer. Check them out, life saver for some of these scenarios

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Well....the work is great.

Unfortunately there will be more funerals, weddings, reunions, etc.

I'd be sure everyone is on the same page next time somebody else wants to play hero with your time.

Last edited:
JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I don't understand? You had the denture waxed up and needed to process it in under 2 hours? The teeth came out surprisingly well for tooth shade cold cure. What tooth shade material is that? They do not make the telios powder/liquid anymore. Personally in your shoes I would of packed it with cold cure and called it a day. What did you use to dupe the model?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I don't understand? You had the denture waxed up and needed to process it in under 2 hours? The teeth came out surprisingly well for tooth shade cold cure. What tooth shade material is that? They do not make the telios powder/liquid anymore. Personally in your shoes I would of packed it with cold cure and called it a day. What did you use to dupe the model?
Agreed, "teeth" do look good.

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
No kidding
Well....the work is great.

Unfortunately there will be more funerals, weddings, reunions, etc.

I'd be sure everyone is on the same page next time somebody else wants to plays hero with your time.
we had a talk about “reasonable expectations” and “appropriate notice” lol

JenCow

JenCow

Reaction score
I believe the troth shade is a suuuuuuper ok’d bottle of jet acrylic. Duped with putty. I tried three times with alginate and didn’t like what I got.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
No kidding

we had a talk about “reasonable expectations” and “appropriate notice” lol

And the LORD hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had spoken unto Moses.

Exodus 9:12​

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score

Here's my process......

You could have done the Celara technique and microwave cure it in less than that time. Check it out. I use it often to skip wax try in and finish denture in 2 visit.

D

Denture Dude

Donator
Reaction score
You could have done the Celara technique and microwave cure it in less than that time. Check it out. I use it often to skip wax try in and finish denture in 2 visit.
Interesting

G

grantoz

Reaction score
short notice you did great.no i wooda shooda it turned out good